Econfina - Aucilla

Use this area to post inshore fishing reports from the area. Please try to include relevant information such as:
Location, date, time, water conditions, weather conditions, baits, techniques, species caught, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

pops
Site Sponsor

Econfina - Aucilla

Post by pops »

We have been mainly fishing east out of the Econfina and have not tried it yet back toward the Aucilla. Any reports from that area?

This past weekend Sat and Sunday we found the bite to be very slow. Caught lots of shorts but only 1 keeper Saturday and 3 Sunday.
[/code]
GO GATORS!!
If it does not meet your standards, Lower your standards!!
wevans
Site Sponsor

Post by wevans »

We fished to the West on Sunday, ended up with 5 keepers and around 30 shorts between 2 boats and 4 people :( Saturday we fished Saint Marks and caught between 60 and 70 with 8 keepers with 1 boat and 2 people :D I'm thinkin Westward is the way ta go from the Econfina 8)
“Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.”
pops
Site Sponsor

Post by pops »

We have not fished out of St Marks, but thinking may try there this weekend.
GO GATORS!!
If it does not meet your standards, Lower your standards!!
Tom Keels
Site Admin

Post by Tom Keels »

It was slower than it has been everywhere from the reports I've read. If we don't get much rain this week, I think it should be much better this weekend. There is just way too much fresh water out there now.
Tom Keels
Site Founder

wevans
Site Sponsor

Post by wevans »

Ya got that right Tom :lol:
“Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.”