top water lures

Use this area to post inshore fishing reports from the area. Please try to include relevant information such as:
Location, date, time, water conditions, weather conditions, baits, techniques, species caught, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

pops
Site Sponsor

top water lures

Post by pops »

Is it best to use the top water baits early and late or does it really matter?
GO GATORS!!
If it does not meet your standards, Lower your standards!!
wevans
Site Sponsor

Post by wevans »

That seems to be the popular opinion, I like ta use them all day long when possible :D I may not catch as many fish that way, but they are usally very nice sized fish :lol: Full moon fishing at night is top water lure heaven :D 8)
“Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.”
dstockwell

Post by dstockwell »

Got to agree that the premise is early or late. Think it was this months FS mag, they were using them all the time with sucess.
Sea Fox
Site Sponsor

Post by Sea Fox »

Wevans, I have wanted to try some night fishing for trout. I,ve had good luck catching bigger bass at night, and wondered if the gaters would feed better at night too. 8)
Sea Ya !
CBASS_UGA

24/7

Post by CBASS_UGA »

Pops, I don't want to sound like an expert because I am by no means one, but I fish topwater 90% of the time and I have found that in a lot of areas topwater works best on the falling tide on trout, but them big reds will smoke em' all day long
pops
Site Sponsor

Post by pops »

Thanks,
I am fairly new at this salt water fishing, still trying to learn
:lol:
GO GATORS!!
If it does not meet your standards, Lower your standards!!
chugbug

Post by chugbug »

Last weekend we used topwater all day. It was slightly overcast but they chewed all day long. I used a slow retrieve and that worked the best. Re/white floating mirrolure. Good luck :D