ST. JOE BAY 4/6/03

Use this area to post inshore fishing reports from the area. Please try to include relevant information such as:
Location, date, time, water conditions, weather conditions, baits, techniques, species caught, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

CBASS_UGA

ST. JOE BAY 4/6/03

Post by CBASS_UGA »

I know this ain't exactly a report for the Big Bend but I'm sure some of you boys slip over there from time to time. Got a late start as usual, the wind was east south east at 8-10. no big deal. Caught a few quick keepers on topwater but had to quit fishing topwater cause the wind was now at 20! My partner caught a few shorts and 1 or 2 keepers on a CT with a candy corn SA. But the star of the show was a white with red head Catch 2000 Mirrolure. Caught several nice keepers but no gatorhawgs. Oh well overall a nice day on the water. By the way they are wearing the flounder out down there. I don't know what they are using but we saw several nice stringers of big uns.

CBASS
Faceville

Post by Faceville »

Good afternoon. I do a good bit of fishing in St. Joe Bay. Plan on going down Wednesday for the rest of the week. If you don't mind me asking, what part of the bay were you in and how deep. Most times I put in at St. Joe and run down to the Black's Island area. I have had a good bit of luck with SA electric chicken/sea shad.
Wesley Pelham
Reel Country
Site Sponsor

Post by Reel Country »

The May NFGFC tournament is on St. Joe Bay. :D
CBASS_UGA

Post by CBASS_UGA »

Faceville, most of our best fish came from the holes on the northeast side of Black's.. not many fish cruising on the grass but they were stacked in the deeper holes. Also very productive fishing at the mouth of the Intercoastal. A buddy of mine caught trout, reds, flounder, spanish, sheepshead, and KINGS all within a mile of the papermill.

good fishing, CBASS
Faceville

Post by Faceville »

Thanks for the info CBASS. I'll keep you posted on our success.
Wesley Pelham