***NFGFC Tournament Draw***

This area is for general discussions about fishing, rigging, baits, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

tin can
Site Sponsor

***NFGFC Tournament Draw***

Post by tin can »

At last night's meeting, there seemed to be a lot of interest shown, by show of hands, to do a draw for the Oct. 6 tournament. However, after the meeting, not very many signed up for a draw.

If you are interested in participating in a draw for the Oct. 6 tournament, PM or E-mail me with your name, contact information (home and cell #'s), and whether you would like to enter as a boater or non-boater.

One of the difficulties with previous draws has been more non-boaters than boaters. There will have to be sufficient boaters to cover the non-boaters.

If there is enough interest, I'll conduct the draw Wed. evening, Oct. 3.

If there is a draw conducted, you do not have to be present at the draw to participate. If you send your contact information, you will be contacted with details and your partner's contact information.
What was I supposed to do today?
Chalk

Post by Chalk »

Based off the last draws participation and this post http://www.bigbendfishing.net/phpbb/vie ... hp?t=15496

How can you entertain the idea?

If you have a draw count me out.
Barhopr
Site Sponsor

Post by Barhopr »

Trying to put that last nail in the coffin for the draw tournament I see!
VIVA la BT

Image_______________Image
jsuber
Site Sponsor

Post by jsuber »

I have two extra Kayaks and will hook you up with everything you need to participate in this draw tournament. You will have to pay your entry fee. If you want to fish in a kayak, this is a good tournament to participate in. Thats what I can offer for the draw tournament. If you take this offer you'll be fishing with me, and in site of me. I can't send you off to fish with them in a different location.
bbb

Post by bbb »

Chalk wrote: If you have a draw count me out.
Why is that? I thought part of this forum was about meeting people and sharing experiences.

Maybe you can give TC a list of approved people you WOULD fish with and he can draw you a partner out of the short hat. :smt012
reel therapy
Site Sponsor

Post by reel therapy »

Chalk wrote:Based off the last draws participation and this post http://www.bigbendfishing.net/phpbb/vie ... hp?t=15496

How can you entertain the idea?

If you have a draw count me out.
I attended the first club meeting this year because I wanted to see what it was all about; and of course to learn more about fishing. I was impressed with the list of speakers, and the draw tournaments. Those were the main reasons....not the only...but I'd say they were the main reasons that I joined the NFGFC (and before you respond JT, it wasn't because you are the club president, and it wasn't to be in your fan club).

I fish the other tournaments--not because I feel that I have a reasonable chance to win, or because it gives me a chance to fish all day--but because I want to learn more about fishing. Heck, I'd consider it a more than successful day if I brought in a limit of fish to weigh, let alone 10+ lbs. of trout. The draw tournaments are just one more chance for people like me to learn a little more about fishing.

I realize that most don't want to participate in the draws for good reasons. And I realize that I certainly represent the minority here....but I'm just throwing my .02 out there.
Chalk

Post by Chalk »

bbb wrote:
Why is that? I thought part of this forum was about meeting people and sharing experiences.
That is true...but this has nothing to do with the forum...this is a NFGFC club event

I have fished with alot of people on this forum and have always helped out anyone when it comes to fishing...I choose not to fish draw tournaments mainly because I don't want to.
birddog
Site Sponsor

Post by birddog »

The draw has alway been voluntary.....if you want to fish the draw then do so. Seems everytime this comes up.....people are clamoring for the draw, but when the time comes to actually get in, most of those people are mysteriously quiet.

bbb, you should join the club and take some of these draw participants fishing. :thumbup:
GULP! free since 1970.
reel therapy
Site Sponsor

Post by reel therapy »

Chalk wrote:
bbb wrote:
That is true...but this has nothing to do with the forum...this is a NFGFC club event
My understanding was that the NFGFC was also about meeting people and sharing experiences too. In fact, I've heard the president say as much more than once. :roll:
birddog
Site Sponsor

Post by birddog »

reel therapy wrote:
Chalk wrote:
bbb wrote:
My understanding was that the NFGFC was also about meeting people and sharing experiences too. In fact, I've heard the president say as much more than once. :roll:
It is. And we do. Chalk has done as much to help folks that asked for fishing info as anybody in the club. He just chooses not to fish the draw. Everybody's got their own style.

And I repeat the draw has always been voluntary. If you want to fish the draw you can.
GULP! free since 1970.
Chalk

Post by Chalk »

reel therapy wrote:My understanding was that the NFGFC was also about meeting people and sharing experiences too. In fact, I've heard the president say as much more than once. :roll:
It is and if that is going to be the main intent of the NFGFC then it needs to make all it's tournaments draw tournaments. The tournament points should be individually based...meaning the guy in the back is competing against the guy in the front.

Funny that nobody comments on the others that replied that they were not interested in a draw on the other link above.

I'll follow the tournament directors directions next time and state my opinion in an email or PM.
Jumptrout51
Site Sponsor

Post by Jumptrout51 »

NFGFC tournaments have evolved to the point that some club members have become comfortable with fishing with other specific club members. That is fine. That is what the club is about in some ways. Meeting new friends and becoming best friends.
The club is also about new members and new friends.
Some members may want to or need to fish with different people in the draw tournaments until they find a comfortable fishing companion.
My thoughts and feelings are that sooner or later all members will become comfortable with all other members and feel good about fising with anyone.
One of the reasons the club fishes from various ramps from Keaton to St. Joe is to make participants familiar with alternative fishing locations.
Anyone who has been a club member and fished more than one year can honestly say they now have a fishing hole from Keaton to St. Joe.
Because a person does not feel comfortable in participating in a draw event does not make them a bad person.
That is why the NFGFC draw tournaments are voluntary and not mandatory.
The reason for this thread is to find out if we have enough people wanting to fish to make a draw feasible or necessary.
My thoughts are that as long as we have new members to NFGFC that are unfamilar or uncomfortable with our Gulf we will always have a need for draw tournaments.
Everyone in the club and everyone on this forum had someone to take them under their wing to teach and show how to fish the Gulf.
All you have to do is read the post here; who,what,when,where,why,how.
Yes Virginia, there is a Santa Claus and there is a NFGFC willing to teach and help.
Steve Taylor, PRESIDENT, NFGFC
WHOSE FISH IS IT?
Jumptrout51
Site Sponsor

Post by Jumptrout51 »

If you plan to fish the Mashes Sands tournament and be in the draw,please post here.
Enter as a boater or non-boater.
Draw will be held next week. Get your name in quickly.
1.TyOneOn.........boater.
WHOSE FISH IS IT?
Barhopr
Site Sponsor

Post by Barhopr »

you in the draw pres.? would set a good example if you were.
VIVA la BT

Image_______________Image
Jumptrout51
Site Sponsor

Post by Jumptrout51 »

Barhopr wrote:you in the draw pres.? would set a good example if you were.
I have been in every draw the club has had to date.
I will not be in this draw.
In fact,I created the NFGFC draw tournaments my first year as Tournament Director.
WHOSE FISH IS IT?