Bald Point Sunday 4/13

Use this area to post inshore fishing reports from the area. Please try to include relevant information such as:
Location, date, time, water conditions, weather conditions, baits, techniques, species caught, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

DuctTapeKing

Bald Point Sunday 4/13

Post by DuctTapeKing »

Well here's my hand at a fishing report. Me and a few buddies of mine headed down to Bald Point sunday with my ganuhee in tow. My 2.2 mercury wouldn't run for more than 1 minute at a time. That should have been a sign. Put in at about 11:00am. The water was tannic and moving good. We had to get out and carry the boat over a few of the exposed bars. Everything looked perfect, that should have been a sign. Filly got to one of my favorite oyster bars with a deep channel running next to it. We fished a bobbin cork with a chartruse jig, a live shrimp on the bottom, and a live shrimp under a bobbin cork. No luck. So I put in Dillon's favorite mix of maheaden oil, cat food and oat meal, chumbag. No luck. We moved to a couple of other bars....Of course No luck. We beached the boat on a bar that was quickly fading and walked it. I got a couple of hits on a flashy plug and caught a couple of keeper trout 17, and 18. Stayed till just after slack tide out on the bars and decided since the wind had picked up and our trollin juice was just about out, we should start heading back. We paddled a good way in and decided not to give up. With the little jucie we had left we scooted down the coast line to try to pick up a red or two. Well I got a lot of scouting in. All in all the day was beautiful and the company made the trip.....espically since it was my boat and they had the paddles. Wouldn't trade the day for anything...except many a big cobia.
dstockwell

Post by dstockwell »

At least you got on the water..Image
Chalk

Post by Chalk »

ImageImageImageImage Go Fish!
Sir reel
Site Sponsor

Post by Sir reel »

That was a very good report. Look'n forward to hearing more from you :D
CSMarine
Site Sponsor

Post by CSMarine »

Enjoyed the report DTKing. Like to try it sometime with a small boat.
Semper Fi