Econfina 4/19/03

Use this area to post inshore fishing reports from the area. Please try to include relevant information such as:
Location, date, time, water conditions, weather conditions, baits, techniques, species caught, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

Chalk

Econfina 4/19/03

Post by Chalk »

Myself and Tod arrived at the landing around 7:00, Headed to honey hole number one, Tod caught a fish on the first cast :lol: . What a way to start the day :D ...Had to work hard , but caught 12 fish, with 9 being keepers, 24" Spanish, Take note here, before the slack tide :o ....Went to Honey Hole number two (where the other 28 boats were :x )..Tod threw the CT out behind the boat and we had a lil lunch, he finished, picked his pole up, two jerks and fish number ten was in the boat. He needs to play the lottery tonight :lol: . All in all caught 20-25 fish all keepers, but a few. Great day on the water. Most were on Cts, straight and flukes, no topwater :cry:
dstockwell

Post by dstockwell »

Way to go Chalk.
Fishnut
Site Sponsor

Post by Fishnut »

I would post a report from Econfina on 4/19/03, but it would look like I was copying Chalk word for word. Only difference was we caught one lonely flounder also. 3/4 of trout were keepers and several over 20". I caught all my fish on orange mirror lure (thinking of having it mounted). My partner caught them all on white/pink curely tail. Boy did they hammer that mirror lure. They're there and hungry.
Chalk

Post by Chalk »

Nice catch Fishnut, I tried an orange Hedog with no luck though.