Back in the Big Bend 10/26/07

Use this area to post inshore fishing reports from the area. Please try to include relevant information such as:
Location, date, time, water conditions, weather conditions, baits, techniques, species caught, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

DuctTapeKing

Back in the Big Bend 10/26/07

Post by DuctTapeKing »

So a bunch of my buddy's are all meeting up at Ryan's beach house at Mashy Sands for the weekend. 3 of us get there Thursday to Fish Friday. We decided to go to Lanark. Wake up at the crack of 8:00am to make it there with the tide comming in. We fished at the end of Lanark reef with so-so results. Ryan and I throw top water for the first hour or so. Ryan hooks up with a 22" red and then Brooks hooks up with a 20" red using chunk mullet. The larger goes in the box with the smaller swimming free!!! I wanted to drift some of the flats but the less experianced fisherman only wanted to sit with his chunk mullet and wait for the fish to come to him. So I fan cast a cajan thunder with a penny colored gulp shrimp. I caught a bunch of dink trout and a couple of 16" keepers. Brooks, who is siting and waiting with his chunk mullet, gets a hit and a short fight. By the way it was pulling I thought for sure he had a hard head, but to my suprise Brooks pulls in a grouper. Yeah it was only about 10" but still a grouper. So we threw him in the box!!! jk. Torwards the end of our time we finally drift a flat on our way back in. Wouldn't you know that once we drift I hook up and box a 25" trout. Well that was our trip. 4 keepers. When cleaning the red there were four fish inside it's belly, and the big trout had one in it's belly too. All of the fish in the belly were 3-5" in size. Maybe that info will help someone....maybe not. Saturday I was itching to go fishing, espically once the water started to come in, but the guys only wanted to watch football all day instead of fishing??? I don't get that. I'd always rather be doing something instead of watching something. FSU game wasn't till 8:00, but they just had to watch every single game on the tv all day. I was hope to some on here and read a whole bunch of reports that said saturday ishing sucked no matter where you were, what you fished with or how hard you tried. That would have made Saturday a little better. It was great to be back in the Big Bend and fishing my old stomping grounds.
One of the greatest things in this life is to know yourself.
snatch-n-reel
Site Sponsor

Post by snatch-n-reel »

Wayto keep the under size grouper. Thanks from everyone!
DuctTapeKing

Post by DuctTapeKing »

I didn't keep the grouper. jk (right after I said I threw him in the box means Just Kidding). I wouldn't keep an under sized fish..unless I was fishing a tournment! That too was a joke based on some members here a long time ago that had a trout "shrink up" at a tourney!!!
One of the greatest things in this life is to know yourself.
Reel Slow
Site Sponsor

Post by Reel Slow »

Glad you got some time on the water DTK :thumbup: Nice trout!
RodBow
Site Sponsor

Post by RodBow »

DTK, good you could stop back home.
use your opportunities ...

218 Carolina Skiff
25 Bayliner Deck
rocket
Site Sponsor

Post by rocket »

Good job Dylan :beer: :beer:
Stay Thirsty My Friends