Night Riders 3/26, 3/27

Use this area to post inshore fishing reports from the area. Please try to include relevant information such as:
Location, date, time, water conditions, weather conditions, baits, techniques, species caught, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

CBASS_UGA

Night Riders 3/26, 3/27

Post by CBASS_UGA »

Well we left alligator point at about 8 p.m. saturday evening to do some sunset cobia fishing. Got bored and decided to run out to dog island reef. Caught plenty of bait and headed out. Ended up at the "K" tower about 11:30. Man was it rough, we were rockin like Elvis, ya know what I mean. Three of our crew members were "chummin" :lick: within ten minutes of us anchoring up. Caught one A.J. and no Cobia got back in at 3:30 a.m. Sunday morning. Now I truly understand why when I was growing up we never, ever stopped and put the anchor out or did that vertical fishin. It wasn't born in me and I'll be damned if I ever do that crap at night again. Shoot give me some 3 foot water and a spotted tail!
Sir reel
Site Sponsor

Post by Sir reel »

Morning CB,

Say, :o Did you make that trip in that same 17 ft. aluminum V that you experienced the rought stuff in last week?
CBASS_UGA

Post by CBASS_UGA »

Mornin Sir, No I'm sure I wouldn't be here if that was the case. We were in a 23' Robalo. I wish we had been in a 30 footer. Maybe one day I'll have some fish stories to tell in stead of wave reports. :D