St. Marks 4/27

Use this area to post inshore fishing reports from the area. Please try to include relevant information such as:
Location, date, time, water conditions, weather conditions, baits, techniques, species caught, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

tin can
Site Sponsor

St. Marks 4/27

Post by tin can »

Got a slow start. Finally got to the lighthouse at 0900. Went out of the river and headed west. The wind was out of the north. Caught over 40 trout in the first 1.5 hours. Then the wind quit, the water slicked off and the bite shut off. After about an hour of exploring I headed east. The bite was slow, but managed 12 more trout before 1300. Not a bad short fishing day.

Caught them all on a grub under a Cajun Thunder.
What was I supposed to do today?
dstockwell

Post by dstockwell »

Nice... Big difference between Sat and Sun..BTW you were suppose to go offshore. :D
southernundertaker

Mexico Beach Kings

Post by southernundertaker »

Well somebody has to be the new guy, so i guess today that is me. Southern undertaker here, i fish with cairotrout when his wife lets him outside... Trying to get the scoop on kings and any cobia out of St. Joe and/or Mexico Beach. Any help greatly appreciated. 8)
tin can
Site Sponsor

Post by tin can »

Welcome, SU. There are lots of good folks on this forum. But not many that spend much time around Mexico Beach/Port St. Joe. But what little I've heard is there have been a few kings caught, and there was The Ling Fling over that way last weekend. The weather made it rough to fish, and very few fish were caught. However, the weather should get right within thew next couple of weeks, and the fish should start showing up thick.
What was I supposed to do today?
CSMarine
Site Sponsor

Post by CSMarine »

Hey SU, I don't fish over that way, but welcome to the site. Got to ask about your sign on name???? :o
Semper Fi
CBASS_UGA

Post by CBASS_UGA »

Hey SU, I talked to a friend after you left the store earlier and he fished Mexico Beach on Sunday. They caught one Cobia right off the point of the cape, and believe it or not they caught some small to average Kings right at the mouth of the ICW back towards the old shipping lane (60 feet deep there you know). Hope yau'll wear em out.
southernundertaker

the art of undertaking

Post by southernundertaker »

Hey guys, sorry it took me this long to reply, been out with strep throat.
i appreciate the 411 on Mexico beach, headed out this weekend to give the kings and spainish a chance on hooking up. in regard to my handle:
definition of undertaker: one who undertakes to take you under!!!
just kidding, i am a licensed mortician with clark funeral home in cairo, ga.
the only name i could put together for ebay was s/u and it stuck. week end coming up good luck and good fishing.
CairoTrout
Site Sponsor

Post by CairoTrout »

Yeah it is bad when your best fishing buddy is an undertaker :lol:
papa's pride

Post by papa's pride »

Yep I beleve if OL SU brought out the ruler on me I'd have to throw him in the brink!!! :o

I 'm from where The Banks Boys Practice your profession S U :roll:

Mex Bch Info:

Brother in law caught a 60 and a 30 lb cobe right on the bouy line at marker 4...last week on a live pin...
Friend of mine won the Ling Fling with a 49 that hooked up on the same pinfish three times just as He's dragging up to head to the hill
I'd keep me a livie or a cobe gig ready all the time...

Spanish are everywhere......Kings are starting up///

Great Time to go....

Papa's Pride Back on 16
CSMarine
Site Sponsor

Post by CSMarine »

Hey PP, was that 49 pounder caught by a fellow named Gene?
Semper Fi