Florida just can't take it!

This area is for general discussions about fishing, rigging, baits, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

Redbelly
Site Sponsor

Florida just can't take it!

Post by Redbelly »

Us Ga boys coming down and catching all the fishes!!

Raised the license fee......that still won't stop us!! :-D
Work 2 fish 4 days

1988 vintage 1436 Fisher Jon
1992 vintage 15 hp Merc
jsuber
Site Sponsor

Post by jsuber »

Raised on the in staters too I believe. I gotta five year so I'll wait.
Nathan
Site Sponsor

Post by Nathan »

Others might not agree, but in my opinion it was about time we raised the prices on out of state licenses. I would have to pay $135 in Georgia, and $275 in Alabama to hunt deer for the year. Ya'll Georgia and Alabama boys only pay $47 to come here and fish for the year. Looks like ya'll still make out pretty good in the long run.

Nathan
wjmax64

Post by wjmax64 »

You should compare apples to apples. If some one from Georgia wants to hunt in Florida, a one year non-resident hunting license is $151.00. Where as a year non-resident fishing license in Georgia is only $24.00. Just my two cents.
Ron Wilson
Site Sponsor

Post by Ron Wilson »

Nathan wrote:Others might not agree, but in my opinion it was about time we raised the prices on out of state licenses. I would have to pay $135 in Georgia, and $275 in Alabama to hunt deer for the year. Ya'll Georgia and Alabama boys only pay $47 to come here and fish for the year. Looks like ya'll still make out pretty good in the long run.

Nathan
Deer are bigger :-D
"Plan for the worst."
MudDucker
Site Sponsor

Post by MudDucker »

wjmax64 wrote:You should compare apples to apples. If some one from Georgia wants to hunt in Florida, a one year non-resident hunting license is $151.00. Where as a year non-resident fishing license in Georgia is only $24.00. Just my two cents.
Exactly....all my out of state licenses for Florida run me right at $200...a lot cheaper than what is paid for out of state in Georgia. Not only that, but I pay a chunk of change in property taxes in Florida just like the Florida residents do.
Chalk

Post by Chalk »

Let's compare homeowners and boat insurance and see who's paying the most, Georgia or Florida :cry:

I lived in Jawja for 34 years...It's cheaper to live in Jawja, but living 10 minutes from the ramp is worth the expense :-D
What a mess

Post by What a mess »

wjmax64 wrote:You should compare apples to apples. If some one from Georgia wants to hunt in Florida, a one year non-resident hunting license is $151.00. Where as a year non-resident fishing license in Georgia is only $24.00. Just my two cents.
Like wjmax64 said. :thumbup:

Maybe we could put a toll booth at the Ga. Fla. line and if the car has a Fla. tag charge them twenty bucks and kick them in the azzzzzzzzzzzzz to boot. Why not compare apples to apples I hunt in neither state what does that have to do with me.

I buy ice & tackle at Wilson's in Perry, breakfast at Hardee's pay launch fees and have dinner in Florida. I pay my dues and then some. I help your economy, abide by your states laws ( while watching guys from Florida throw to many to big in the floor of the boat and make two or three trips with limits in one day) which are stingy compared to the other states you mentioned and you feel like I need to be punished for wanting to come there.

If I understand correctly the reason how many fish I can keep has to be reduced three times a year is because of how many you killed in gill nets, and now dump out as by-catch in your Shrimp trawls. Also so your commercial fishermen's quotas can be maintained. Even though I the recreational angler have a far greater positive impact on your economy.

They say money talks and B.S. walks take a hike. :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown:

If your lucky later I'll tell you how I really feel.
Yesterday it was taboo today it is normal what the heck will they be doing tomorrow?
Chalk

Post by Chalk »

It's nice to see you using complete paragraphs WAM :lol: :thumbup: :thumbup:

If you see someone breaking the law the number is:

WILDLIFE ALERT REWARD PROGRAM

If you suspect a wildlife law violation, report it to the FWC Wildlife Alert Reward Program.

1-888-404-FWCC (3922)

http://myfwc.com/law/Alert/

Being from jawja, I have witnessed many boats with GA in front of the numbers take more than their fair share.

This discussion made be go outside to verify that I had a 2006 Ford, not a 1806 mule :roll: :lol:
Nathan
Site Sponsor

Post by Nathan »

I am comparing apples to apples. Ya'll all come to Florida to fish, we all go to Georgia or Alabama to hunt. Are ya'lls deer more valuable as a resource than our saltwater fish? I'd have to say no. How many people from Georgia do you know that come to hunt in Florida for anything other than turkey? We get people from all over the country looking to get an Oceola, but other than that most people would rather deer hunt where they are. I understand ya'll pay big bucks in fuel, motels, food, etc. to come down here and fish, but we pay the same price for those things as ya'll do. We don't get a resident discount on gas prices unfortunately. :-D Not trying to piss anyone off, just giving my opinion as a Florida resident who owns land in Alabama and still has to pay $275 a year if I want to hunt it. As for the whole commercial/recreational thing I agree with you fully. Recreational anglers bring way more $$ into the state each year than the commercial guys. Yet the commercial guys get at least 80% of the catch.

Nathan
wjmax64

Post by wjmax64 »

I feel your pain man. I'm just saying if your gonna compare license fees you should compare the same type fees. I'm not a hunter. I used to eat,sleep, & breathe hunting deer but that doesn't do anything for me anymore.

You are correct NO game be it quail, turkey, fish (fresh or saltwater), or deer is more valuable than another. Nor should one state, basically rape the sportsmen from another state. I also feel like since all three states border each other, the license from your state of residence should be valid in either state. Especially since Fl, Ga, & Alabama honor the senior citizens license. I guess that's where we all should hit our elected officials up about making that happen. Then again the three states can't agree on what to do with water in a lake that's almost dried up so I don't figure they will ever find an affordable balance between the three.

I understand where you are coming from & by no means want to get anyone hot under the collar. If I offended anyone, I'm sorry. I was just stating my opinion. I also agree, it ain't fair to ANY OF US as sportsmen.
What a mess

Post by What a mess »

[quote="Chalk"]if you see someone breaking the law the number is:

WILDLIFE ALERT REWARD PROGRAM

If you suspect a wildlife law violation, report it to the FWC Wildlife Alert Reward Program.

1-888-404-FWCC (3922)

Got it on speed dial, if you see me know I got know shame in my game abide by the law. :thumbup:
Yesterday it was taboo today it is normal what the heck will they be doing tomorrow?
Redbelly
Site Sponsor

Post by Redbelly »

I am from Jawja....If it cost me $200 a year to fish the flats...then I will pay that. :-D

I guess it could get to a point to run me off.... 8)

But then I am grooming my wife for a relocation too.... :-D
Work 2 fish 4 days

1988 vintage 1436 Fisher Jon
1992 vintage 15 hp Merc
What a mess

Post by What a mess »

Redbelly wrote:I am from Jawja....If it cost me $200 a year to fish the flats...then I will pay that. :-D
Don't give them any ideas.
Soccerdad

Post by Soccerdad »

Redbelly wrote:
I am from Jawja....If it cost me $200 a year to fish the flats...then I will pay that.
I don't disagree. Fishing the flats is a great joy and worth what you pay. But what are they doing with the money? Like any gubmint operation, the slimes would take $199 and you would get $1 worth of fisheries management. However .. up here in GA you get nothin' in terms of SW fisheries management. It all goes to freshwater. In my opinion GA allows too high a bag with too small a fish in SW. That's mangle-ment.
If there's no soccer (or fishing) in heaven - I'm not going!