Public Apology

This section is for our members to talk about things not actually about fishing or boating. However, please read the Code of Conduct before posting.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

beatswork

Public Apology

Post by beatswork »

After last weeks schlackin' put on us by the Gators I must admit I was one unhappy Semilnole. I criticized the whole coaches staff up and down to family and friends. I did not post for fear my posts would be moderated by Chalk and Tom and I would be subsequently banned from further contact with this site. I watched the call-in show last night and was humbled and shamed. As a fan, I WANT to see my team stomp a mud hole in every opponant that dares step on the field, especially the Gators and the Canes. I am not one to look into the past, but what have you done for me lately and where are we going? But do you realize we have had only one losing season since he has been head coach? Since 2000, out of 119 Div 1-A schools we are one of 18 that have had a winning season, albeit last year was because we won our bowl. He could have gotten a little ugly last night over being questioned whether he still had it or not, but instead looked in the camera and stated that as fans we expect wins, and are basically acting like we're supposed to when it doesn't happen. I look around the college landscape and see the Saban's and others who shift from team to team year to year looking for that next great opportunity, and am proud that we have had stability for as long a time as we have had. In the years I have followed and rooted the 'Noles he has always been a man of character and I am glad he represents my school.
If we are not supposed to eat animals, why are they made out of meat?
Reel Fun
Site Sponsor

Post by Reel Fun »

Well said.......... :thumbup:
Time on the water is NEVER wasted time.
grim reeler

Post by grim reeler »

I didnt see it, but that is a much better response by Bobby than when he called the fans "playstation all-americans" last year.
jsuber
Site Sponsor

Post by jsuber »

Your in luck. TK says that the Cyrogenics department has found a way to keep Coach Bowden's head alive to keep on coaching to the year 2076, at which time Coach Bowden says he might consider retiring after coaching at FSU for 100 years.

Tennessee

Post by Tennessee »

I have'nt posted on here in a while, but I do visit about every day. I really enjoy reading about the weather and fishing I wish I myself was enjoying. If you folks are FS fans you should really read Coach Bowdens books. As a coach myself I have stole many of his philosophys on coaching and life in general. Here in Tennesse we too have had a similar experience with Coach Fulmer. The worse thing a program can do is cave in to preasure from the fans, they are just that fans not coaches. A program cannot create an identity doing that. FS has a great program and a great HC in Bowden. Two years ago we went 5-6 and everyone was ready to get rid of Fulmer who has won of the best winning percentages in the Nation, go figure, some times I think these coaches are victims of their own success. To the Gator fans, it is just a matter of time until the SEC gets use to the shotgun option, so enjoy it while you can. Look to the Arkansas game vs Tenn and you will see how far along Tenn has come in defending it since the Florida game. I think next year or hope that next year when Superman runs his famous counter option play that we plant a big T on that chest of his. Good luck to all ya'lls favorite teams this bowl season.