Steinhatchee to Rock Island via HOV Express Lane 12/07/07

Use this area to post inshore fishing reports from the area. Please try to include relevant information such as:
Location, date, time, water conditions, weather conditions, baits, techniques, species caught, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

What a mess

Steinhatchee to Rock Island via HOV Express Lane 12/07/07

Post by What a mess »

We met up at the crack of 7:30 loaded my gear and headed to Sea Hag Marina to replace the dead cranking battery.

I saw the captain that I had written the whine-a-log about and shook his hand we laughed about it.

He said the Grouper fishing has been as good as it gets.

We dropped in my buddies boat, wanna know how the other half live?

Twenty three foot Ranger with a four stroke 250, power pole, trim tabs, and trolling motor.

God bless that there other half their boats fly, and are dry and that wind will make you cry.

We rolled out to that creek I have heard so much about but never seen and struck out.

We were not alone others were there came and went with out any luck I saw one caught on a Pin fish.

We wandered down to another creek and he popped a puppy drum it was crystal clear and super slick.

We decided to try to find some stained water he rolled out to the HOV lane and proceeded to let the big dog eat.

Fifty MPH is only slightly faster than my 37 but it will make you cry ever so slightly.

We arrived to an acre of birds and bait I caught a couple of shorts but that was it.

We ran in to where he and I both live to fish and they were not there.

We finally picked up a couple of reds and 1 keeper trout, seven hours & seven fish.

The ride back was about thirty minutes the whole big nice boat thing was not wasted on me it alone was awe inspiring.

There is life beyond a Carolina skiff, it was sooooo slick, the water was soooooo clear, there was noooo wind, the fishing suuuuuked!

That boat was soooooooo coooooooooooool!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It was a pretty day an awesome ride a terrific host and we got away.

It just goes to show you even when your in a fine ride if the fishes have the mean mouth thats life.

This has been a character building year both on the water and off this year, I will either get stronger wiser, or more humble maybe all of the above.
Last edited by What a mess on December 8th, 2007, 10:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
Yesterday it was taboo today it is normal what the heck will they be doing tomorrow?
RC
Site Sponsor

Post by RC »

Let the big dog eat!
Redbelly
Site Sponsor

Post by Redbelly »

Howard time to go trade that skiff in on a reel bote! :-D
Work 2 fish 4 days

1988 vintage 1436 Fisher Jon
1992 vintage 15 hp Merc
crappielimits

Post by crappielimits »

Someone is on a Ron White high!
Breambuster

Re: Steinhatchee to Rock Island via HOV Express Lane 12/07/0

Post by Breambuster »

What a mess wrote: I saw the captain that I had written the whine-a-log about and shook his hand we laughed about it.
I was out with him on a charter last Thursday. We had a great day.
Reel Cowboy
Site Sponsor

Post by Reel Cowboy »

I. :thumbup: know a guy who sells Ranger boats if you need the number
In the words of the great Doc Holliday, "I'll be your huckleberry"
BAD BEHAVIOR
Site Sponsor

Post by BAD BEHAVIOR »

Go with a Triton,WAM. Rangers are good boats but they are no Triton!! ;-)
A wise person pays attention to correction that will improve his life...... Proverbs 15:31 ICB <")))))>*<

TEAM BAD BEHAVIOR
What a mess

Post by What a mess »

I asked why he didn't fish one? He said the Ranger is not a better boat but the finishes are much better on the Ranger. :o
Yesterday it was taboo today it is normal what the heck will they be doing tomorrow?
BAD BEHAVIOR
Site Sponsor

Post by BAD BEHAVIOR »

The ranger is a real nice boat however, it drafts the same and doesnt handle waves or big water near a sgood. The sides are much shorter and the waves tend to come directly back to the center console. I demo'd a Ranger, a Skeeter, a Scout and a Triton. I liked the Triton the best. As far as service there is no better brand!
A wise person pays attention to correction that will improve his life...... Proverbs 15:31 ICB <")))))>*<

TEAM BAD BEHAVIOR