Question on Floatation Replacement.

All things having to do with boats, trailers, engines, electronics and accessories.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

CSMarine
Site Sponsor

Question on Floatation Replacement.

Post by CSMarine »

I'm restoring two boats right now. Reworking floors among other tasks. My question is concerning boat floatation replacement. I need to replace a good bit of the closed cell flotation that is sprayed in at factory. It expands the same as "Great Stuff" or whatever it's called. Where can I buy the product? The one you buy in spray cans in not resistant to petro products, and it would take too many cans to do what I need to do.
Semper Fi
wevans
Site Sponsor

Post by wevans »

The petrolium based Great Stuff, triple expansion is not affected by petro products "beleive me, I know" :o When they say to use ethenol to clean up immediatly, the meen it "gas just makes it harden on your hands faster" :oops:
“Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.”
CSMarine
Site Sponsor

Post by CSMarine »

Havn't seen that yet Wevans. Where do you find it. I've looked all around my area. Asked Flint River Marine. They ordered some stuff at $11.00 a can, that didn't have enough in it to cover much. I guess the triple expansion part is the key. This stuff didn't expand like I expected. You used to could buy it in two parts and mix it to activate it. Boat manufacters have to get it from some place.
Semper Fi
Chalk

Post by Chalk »

wevans
Site Sponsor

Post by wevans »

CS, I think it was a True Value store that I got it from :D But it has been a while and I forget :oops:
“Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.”
CSMarine
Site Sponsor

Post by CSMarine »

Chalk, that's what I'm talking about. Thanks. Wevans, I'm going to check True Value also. The cans are handy to have for small jobs.
Semper Fi
wevans
Site Sponsor

Post by wevans »

Here is a list of stores in Ga. that are supposed to carry the Triple expanding foam :D
http://doitbest.com/shop/locator.asp?ms ... 2&STATE=ga
CSMarine
Site Sponsor

Post by CSMarine »

Thanks, Ya'll are just full of it today(information). :wink:
Semper Fi