Kayaks

All things dealing with kayaks and kayak fishing.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

FSUMeathead

Kayaks

Post by FSUMeathead »

Greetings,
I am new to fishing from a kayak and was hoping maybe some veterans could give me some insight on things that I should kept in mind when looking at possible kayak purchases. If anyone knows of someone that is looking to sale their sit-on-top kayak, that would be useful information as well.
Thanks
Mike
cygraphics
Site Sponsor

Re: Kayaks

Post by cygraphics »

Sit-On-Top is the best way to go for fishing. It's hard to say what kayak is best. It might be what's best for you and your pocket book. I have a Heritage redfish that I picked up from a local legend (TallTails). I love the yak. It's not as fast as the others but it's very stable. Other brands that I would recommend are Wilderness Systems, Perception, Hobie, Ocean kayak.

Take a look at http://www.fcka.net (forums section). You'll get a lot more feed back over there.
jsuber
Site Sponsor

Re: Kayaks

Post by jsuber »

You can rent a kayak from Wilderness Way or TNT Hideaway and try out different brands. Some folks like myself have a few different ones if you want ot try one out let me know. I use the Perception Search 15 and love it. Its a great all around boat.