New Kayak Design

All things dealing with kayaks and kayak fishing.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

MudDucker
Site Sponsor

New Kayak Design

Post by MudDucker »

This is probably the most interesting new design I've ever seen:

http://www.llbean.com/webapp/wcs/stores ... =8997-sub2" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Cheap it ain't.
Its a wonderful day in the neighborhood!
jsuber
Site Sponsor

Re: New Kayak Design

Post by jsuber »

They've been around a while. You can stand up on them pretty easy. Advantage Marine will have some Nucanoes in their store soon so stay tuned.
Supa Fly

Post by Supa Fly »

Seen that one about a year ago when they were testing the prototypes. Seems the whole contraption is all about stability. I bought a Native Watercraft Ultimate 12 last year, and I can't imaging that Freedom boat is much more stable. I can easily stand and throw my flyrod in the Ultimate, and have not once come close to even feeling like I was going to "eat it". The tunnel hull design gives you a wide stance and actually puts your feet a good bit below the water line, which goes a long way to adding stability. Plus, I think they cost less than half what the Freedom runs.
jsuber
Site Sponsor

Post by jsuber »

I think I saw one at the East Coast Canoe and Kayak Festivalin South Carolina and the ponotoons were a little heavy but it did have a nice brace to stand up with. I might have seen them somewhere else. I noticed that we posted something about it March 20 of last year at fcka.net