Carrabelle Area Help

This area is for general discussions about fishing, rigging, baits, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

welladjusted

Carrabelle Area Help

Post by welladjusted »

Hello all. I've been reading this forum for awhile now and finally decided to join! I really enjoy reading everyone's reports and comments. I recently re-located my boat from Panacea to Carrabelle and I am not as familiar with the carrabelle area. I usually did most of my fishing around the Ocklochnee Shoals, St Marks, and Marker 24 area. My questions for y'all are, where would you suggest for offshore fishing off of Dog Island and St George Island? Are there any good reliable spots you could share with me? I went out on Sunday and fished and trolled good bottom in the 35-50ft area, but no keepers. Also what tactics are you using for what species in that area? I am mostly interested in offshore fishing. Thanks everyone! Im looking forward to posting on here more in the future.
Good Times

Re: Carrabelle Area Help

Post by Good Times »

Welcome aboard Welladjusted! I know nothing about offshore Carabelle, but am looking forward to learning about it from your future reports. :-D :thumbup: :thumbup:
BAD BEHAVIOR
Site Sponsor

Post by BAD BEHAVIOR »

Welcome aboard, sorr no offshore advice but if you decide to go skinny, I ll be glad to help! :thumbup:
A wise person pays attention to correction that will improve his life...... Proverbs 15:31 ICB <")))))>*<

TEAM BAD BEHAVIOR
wevans
Site Sponsor

Post by wevans »

When you get out to 30+ foot out from DI, turn roughly NE and follow the ledge, you WILL find fish :-D I have several numbers through there that I could give ya :thumbup: but then I would have ta kill ya :o Trolling a stretch 30 is one of the best ways ta find spots ta bottom fish and will often out fish the bottom fishers :thumbup: this last weekend was a tuff one for averyone :smt010 heck, I only caught 6 Grouper, all before 9am :smt004 "4 shorts, a 28" and 23"" :smt004 what bite there was, was over by 9am on both days "yep, it took two days ta catch em". I need ta get back over that away and give my #'s off of bouy 26 a rest :thumbup: :beer:
“Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.”
grouperboy
Site Sponsor

Post by grouperboy »

Caught 10 keepers out in 50 foot Saturday- was 8 miles off Dog due 180.

Best advice is to buy a really good color bottom machine (I have a Furuno) and troll stretch 30's...mark good looking bottom, and occasionally bottom fish. I did that this past weekend- hit about 5 numbers before I connected.

Best of luck to ya!