TORNADO at KEATON

This section is for our members to talk about things not actually about fishing or boating. However, please read the Code of Conduct before posting.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

Jumptrout51
Site Sponsor

TORNADO at KEATON

Post by Jumptrout51 »

Trouttrent tried to call Keaton Marina to change reservations.
They said "can't talk now..TORNADO coming".
Please call later.
WHOSE FISH IS IT?
wevans
Site Sponsor

Re: TORNADO at KEATON

Post by wevans »

From the FS site
originally posted by Toucan »

Also reported one touched down in Keaton Beach in Taylor co.!
Modified by Toucan at 9:05 AM 3/7/2008

Yes and tore up Travis Beachs house. Several houses damaged but so far no report of injuries. My step mom is freaking saifd it was a rough night.
“Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.”
wevans
Site Sponsor

Post by wevans »

Another update from there
Anybody with houses in Keaton Beach needs to check on it. There is damage to the condos, houses on both street and several campers and boats damaged. No injuries so far but power is out and there is some serious damage.
“Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.”
Sir reel
Site Sponsor

Post by Sir reel »

There's stuff tore up closer ta home than Keaton. Here's the email that just came in to my box....I believe the Capitola area has some damaged homes.

The Disaster Relief team has been activated due to tornados in the area. We have a staging area set up at Woodrun Baptist Church on Apalachee Parkway and Williams Road. Call Marcus Winchester At 545-8305 or Mark Winchester at 228-4439 for instructions or come to the staging area. We are still accessing damage and needs.

Thanks, Marcus

"Good Judgement" comes from experience, ... and a lot of that..... results from "Bad Judgement".
bman

Post by bman »

will be praying for folks... Hope no one was hurt.
Barry Bevis, Realtor and Owner of BigBendFishing.net
I liked it so much, I bought the company ;-)

http://www.bevisrealty.com
TEAM "Duck Season!"
jsuber
Site Sponsor

Post by jsuber »

The word we got was there were three touchdowns in Wakulla County. Let me know if ya'll see some kayaks laying around.
Eerman
Site Sponsor

Post by Eerman »

Yeah tried to call all morning and phones were down, then saw that they got hit with the tornado on the news. Hope everybody is ok.
"Why does Sea World have a seafood restaurant?? I'm halfway through my fish burger and I realize, Oh man....I could be eating a slow learner."
jsuber
Site Sponsor

Post by jsuber »

In Leon County, the tornado in the Capitola area has now been confirmed from a National Weather Service Storm Survey. The tornado was an EF-1, on a scale from 0 to 5.

Leon County Sheriff's Deputies say about a half-dozen houses were damaged on White House Road and Capitola Road but unbelievably enough-- no deaths or injuries.

In Jefferson county, mostly trees and power lines are down, a tree fell on top of one house.

In Taylor county - emergency management says a possible tornado touched down in Keaton Beach...the coastal area of Taylor county.

Officials say a house was lifted in the storm and landed in the middle of the road.

Power lines are down and debris is in some roads.

Columbia county has sustained serious damage... officials say there was a swath of damage on the north side of Lake City. There are also lots of power outages across Columbia County. There are also reports of people trapped in damaged homes. Emergency crews are assessing the damage and looking for people.

In Suwannee County, the Emergency Manager reports power outages in the City of Live Oak. A power outage is affecting a thousand customers in the Suwannee Valley Electric Co-op area which includes: Suwannee, Hamilton and Northern Columbia County north of I-10.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Leon County Sheriff's Office says what is to believed to be a tornado touched down in the Capitola Rd. area. Emergency crews are on the scene and there are reports of trees down, moble home damage and possible injuries.

There have been reports from national media outlets of deaths stemming from the possible tornado touch down near the Capitola Rd. area. That is not true.

However, Leon County Sheriff's Officials are asking people not to come the Capitola Rd. area. They are trying to clean up the area and would like you to stay clear of it until they are done cleaning it up.
BAD BEHAVIOR
Site Sponsor

Post by BAD BEHAVIOR »

God bless all those affected. Be thankful no one was injured and there is only property damage. Everyone always remember, if its been built by man, it can be rebuilt by man. If its built by gods hand, man doesnt stand a chance. :thumbup:
A wise person pays attention to correction that will improve his life...... Proverbs 15:31 ICB <")))))>*<

TEAM BAD BEHAVIOR
Jumptrout51
Site Sponsor

Post by Jumptrout51 »

NFGFC member Capt. Keith Cardin called. He set his camper up at Keaton yesterday. Siad this morning he heard an awful sound, looked out his camper door and saw the tornado come ashore over his camper. It dumped tons of water on him then ripped his camper door off the hinges and blew it away.
Then touched again about 50 feet front up the road and damaged more houses and blew a single wide trailer into the canal.
Said he caught some good fish too, yesterday.
WHOSE FISH IS IT?
Good Times

Post by Good Times »

Jumptrout51 wrote:NFGFC member Capt. Keith Cardin called. He set his camper up at Keaton yesterday. Siad this morning he heard an awful sound, looked out his camper door and saw the tornado come ashore over his camper. It dumped tons of water on him then ripped his camper door off the hinges and blew it away.
Then touched again about 50 feet front up the road and damaged more houses and blew a single wide trailer into the canal.
Said he caught some good fish too, yesterday.
That's true fisherman there. Give the fishing report along with the tornado report.

I'm glad he wasn't hurt! Sorry to hear about the destruction. :smt011
wevans
Site Sponsor

Post by wevans »

Just cross conecting these two post
http://outdoorsbest.zeroforum.com/zerop ... &id=721325" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
:beer: :beer:
KarstRanger
Site Sponsor

Post by KarstRanger »

Up here in Mayo, about 25 mi. NE of Keaton, we were hunkered down from the reports of a tornado at Keaton, but by the time it got here, it was just a bunch of rain and not an abnormal of wind for a good sized thunderstorm - lucky us ! I am glad nobody was hurt down there in Keaton.
[as dropship enters atmosphere] "We're in the pipe, five by five."