Econfina 5/23

Use this area to post inshore fishing reports from the area. Please try to include relevant information such as:
Location, date, time, water conditions, weather conditions, baits, techniques, species caught, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

Chalk

Econfina 5/23

Post by Chalk »

Well got down about 10:30, Trout Fisher was putting in also....We headed east to our Redfish go to spot...Second cast the new secret weapon pulled in a 20" bronze bomber....about a mile of bank later the new secret weapon pulled in a 21" bronze beauty :thumbup: ..Fished just about up to Cabbage Creek with no more takers :thumbdown: ..Headed out on the Flats ended up catching the first keeper trout on the new secret weapon :thumbup: Trout were scattered fished from Hickory mound to Second bird rack to Snipe Island caught trout in 4-5 ft not a thing in close...Threw the tackle box at'm and ended up with 7 Trout, 2 reds and 1 Rocket....Tide didn't move much water, wind kicked up late vice laying down..Slow hard days work at the Econfina river....My azz is tired until next time....TF we will probaly swing by in the PM on Saturday :beer: :thumbup:
DeerNfish88

Post by DeerNfish88 »

what is this secert weapon ur talkin about help me out here we only had 5 keepers in 2 days we fished from the mouth to rocky island all the bird racks then all the way out to like 15 feet of water where are these trout man
trout fisher
Site Sponsor

Post by trout fisher »

dnf, you just picked a bad weekend to fish. We fished near Chalk all day Friday and had some pitiful luck. My dad fished Sat, Sun and today and only put a handful of keepers in the boat all 3 days. Now Chalk will get scientific with ya. :lol: I'll just say the conditions weren't right. And if you send me a c-note, I'll let you in on the "secret weapon". MMMwaaahhhaaaahhhaaa...........
tin can
Site Sponsor

Post by tin can »

Sounds like I need to meet me some scientific anglers. Chalk? TF? Y'all interested in draggin an old tin can around?
What was I supposed to do today?
trout fisher
Site Sponsor

Post by trout fisher »

I'm waitin' on you tc. 8)
Chalk

Post by Chalk »

Man, I trusted the secret weapon to the Trout Fisher, next thing you know it will be on a infommercial :wink: .....DeerNfish88 the past weekend just plain ole sucked...Why? Friday the difference between low and hightide was only .6, which isn't much water movement. You were fishing a post weather pattern, you were fishing the last quater of the moon too. You need two out of three things, water movement, weather and structure. Only thing going for us Friday was structure, "over at the rock" (inside joke, please indulge :wink: )....So the only thing to do Friday was fish slow, extremly slow, you know if something is a shak'n in front of your face :o long enough you would eat it right? Who passes up a free meal?....This is how I fish, some might disagree and I told TF it was going to be tough the night before, if he had only drank a :beer: ....New Moon coming Saturday, if one can go :roll: go and thats all I'm gonna say about that :lol:
CSMarine
Site Sponsor

Post by CSMarine »

Yea everbody what he said. :o I agree completly with Chalk. Add another factor. Water temp dropped to 73 degrees Friday morning. At the Ramp at Keaton the water that had been fairly clean a week or so earlier, was now almost black. I had to run South to clear water before I could catch pinfish. Know folks who caught decent trout out off north Keaton birdracks on MirrOrlures on Friday. Prayed for wind to pick up for drifting. My driftsock even drifted back under my boat a few times this weekend. That ain't good for drifting in clear water. I could see fish that was spooked by my boat some distance away.
Semper Fi
pops
Site Sponsor

Post by pops »

CS
does your driftsock really help, i need something for my boat cause it really drifts fast.
GO GATORS!!
If it does not meet your standards, Lower your standards!!
CSMarine
Site Sponsor

Post by CSMarine »

I have to use it to keep my boat drifting sideways in the wind. My bow tends to blow around and act as a sail. That's tough when two or three people are drift fishing with fresh bait out. With the sock, I can control the angle I want to drift by moving the sock on the boat. It's not that important when fishing with lures. I don't want to slow down when I drift. It's the part I don't like about the drift sock. I want to drift fast and cover a lot of grass. It's also most effective when most of your drift is coming from wind and not current.
Semper Fi
CairoTrout
Site Sponsor

Post by CairoTrout »

Yall are fishing a little too far east :thumbup:
Chalk

Post by Chalk »

Okay I won't let no one else take my glory :lol: One of my secret weapons is...
Add you favorite jig head and grub and hold on :wink: Now its just another weapon, but I do have some more tricks in the ole tackle box :wink:
CSMarine
Site Sponsor

Post by CSMarine »

Hey Chalk, You must have peeked in my tackle box that day at Icky. :x I have two SWA rigged up with gold spinners. They do work for me at times, but now that the world knows about it. It'll join them that we talked about a while back that won't catch any more.
Semper Fi
trout fisher
Site Sponsor

Post by trout fisher »

Dang son! You done went and let the cat outta the bag!! I wasn't gonna tell dernfish. I was just gonna take his $$. :o :lol: