Team seatrout 3/16 St. Marks/Aucilla

Use this area to post inshore fishing reports from the area. Please try to include relevant information such as:
Location, date, time, water conditions, weather conditions, baits, techniques, species caught, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

captkeyser
Site Sponsor

Team seatrout 3/16 St. Marks/Aucilla

Post by captkeyser »

I pre fished on Saturday. The day began at the lighthouse ramp. I backed the boat down down the ramp, unhooked the straps on the stern, put the plug in, detached the wench rope from the bow, but left the saftey chain hooked up so the boat would not slide all the way off of the trailer. (I was by myself) My eyes were fixed on the saftey chain as the boat slid into the water. My eyes remained fixed on the chain is it slipped off of the bolt on the trailer. Could this be? I watched at the boat slowly floated off of the trailer and out of my reach, chain dangling fromt from the bow. :o :o

The next 30min were spent watching and hoping that the wind would blow my boat to shore. It finally did and I was off. Started fishing around Palmetto Island anticipating that the trout would be holding on sand patches.......nothing! Moved back into a creek and missed two fish. Loaded up and headed east......nothing! Then the wind came, and the fog set in. It was time to leave, thank goodness for GPS, I couldn't see a thing. Made it back to the landing, skunked!!!!

3/16 Team seatrout.

Do to the lack of fish east of the lighthouse the previous day we decided to fish some sweet spots in the St. Marks River. By 9:00am we had a 20", three 19.5"ers, and a 18"er(all on jigs). Needless to say, we were feeling good. We decided it was time to hunt the elusive gator trout. Back to Palmetto Island we went.......Nothing! We headed further east towards Aucilla and managed to put 4 more trout (18-20"s) in the boat. We saw big fish, but could not catch them.

All in all we were thrilled with the outcome. Minus the split in the hull........... here's to bilge pumps. :beer: :beer:
SHOWBOAT
Site Sponsor

Re: Team seatrout 3/16 St. Marks/Aucilla

Post by SHOWBOAT »

Nice report Capt. Congrats on a good day, especially those River fish...
In the end we will conserve only what we love. We will love only what we understand. And we will understand only what we are taught.
caseycook

Post by caseycook »

Good day bud. You and Bryce put a hurting on the fish! Hope you get the leak fixed...
Boom goes the dynamite.
culrich
Site Sponsor

Post by culrich »

Nice Keyser :thumbup: . Didn't your hull split on the last G3?
NO FLUKE!!!

LANARK MARKET!!!!
Ty one on

Post by Ty one on »

Congrats on a good day Keyser :beer: . See ya on the water.
If we were all crazy, Wouldn't that make us all normal.
captkeyser
Site Sponsor

Post by captkeyser »

culrich wrote:Nice Keyser :thumbup: . Didn't your hull split on the last G3?
Thanks for the congrats, it was a good day. Yes, my last G3 did split (3 times) :smt011 This hull is brand new 2007.....and already sucking water. :smt005 :smt005 As you can imagine, I am extremely pleased in my manufacturer. Weld and push on.
tin can
Site Sponsor

Post by tin can »

Nice catch. Sorry to hear about the hull.
What was I supposed to do today?
wevans
Site Sponsor

Post by wevans »

Don't them 07's have a LIFETIME warranty Capt. :roll: They replaced my 02 with an 04 due to cracks in the hull and holes eat in the transome :o they welded the hull and replaced the transome of the 04 last year "end of warranty" :smt010 Y'all done great on the fishin though :thumbup: :thumbup:

PS: my hull cracked just behind where the V starts both times :beer: :beer:
“Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.”
CATCH 22

Post by CATCH 22 »

Excellent results, congrats :thumbup:
You’ve reached middle age when all you exercise is caution.
flounderpounder
Site Sponsor

Post by flounderpounder »

Nice job at the tourney Keiser! :thumbup: :beer: :beer:
Eerman
Site Sponsor

Post by Eerman »

Hull bad...fish good
"Why does Sea World have a seafood restaurant?? I'm halfway through my fish burger and I realize, Oh man....I could be eating a slow learner."
birddog
Site Sponsor

Post by birddog »

Thanks for posting CK. And congrats. :thumbup: :thumbup:
GULP! free since 1970.
mojokoko

Post by mojokoko »

How far did the damn boat float away from you?
Team Diehard -> Will Fish on an Inner-tube with a small craft advisory. Booyah
Proud member of the AKL
Ty one on

Post by Ty one on »

captkeyser wrote:
culrich wrote:Nice Keyser :thumbup: . Didn't your hull split on the last G3?
Thanks for the congrats, it was a good day. Yes, my last G3 did split (3 times) :smt011 This hull is brand new 2007.....and already sucking water. :smt005 :smt005 As you can imagine, I am extremely pleased in my manufacturer. Weld and push on.
Them metal boats :smt011 , We had a G3 for a work boat. Yes it leaked time and time again. We would do some welding on it and in time it would leak again. So, I bought two gallons of Speed-O-Liner (Same as Rhino-Liner) I coated the outside and inside of that boat and it never leaked again. That boat was sent to Keys on a project, don't know if it is still there or not. I know of several metal boats from several manufactures that have leaked over time. The flats can produce some rough conditions that will beat any boat to its death.

See ya on the water.
If we were all crazy, Wouldn't that make us all normal.
captkeyser
Site Sponsor

Post by captkeyser »

wevans wrote:Don't them 07's have a LIFETIME warranty Capt. :roll: They replaced my 02 with an 04 due to cracks in the hull and holes eat in the transome :o they welded the hull and replaced the transome of the 04 last year "end of warranty" :smt010 Y'all done great on the fishin though :thumbup: :thumbup:

PS: my hull cracked just behind where the V starts both times :beer: :beer:
Not sure if they do or not. I had an 04 hull and it split and was replaced. Mine is cracked right where the V starts also, and at the stern. She fills up mighty quick, shockingly quick :smt005 It would be great to fish out of in the summer, heck if you wanted to cool off you'd just have to sit down. :smt009

Ty, your fiberglass theory/practice is begining to grow on me. :roll: But if G3 will keep replacing the hulls, I'm gonna stick with um. Would never by another one though.

Thanks to all on the congrats. :smt006