Aucilla 6/21

Use this area to post inshore fishing reports from the area. Please try to include relevant information such as:
Location, date, time, water conditions, weather conditions, baits, techniques, species caught, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

BrogensDuck

Aucilla 6/21

Post by BrogensDuck »

Drove to Mandalay under a beautiful sunrise and was a surprise 3rd boat at the landing that was unoccupied when we got there. Not knowing if other people knew something we didnt, we ventured onward. We were focused on topwater reds for the morning and were only able to pull one out of a tried and true spot. With the water moving about as much as it was going to, we went out and made a couple very long drifts over water columns ranging from 2-3 feet to 5-6 feet. Nothing more than a few blow ups on the top water and typical tap tap tap on the gulp. We went deeper and drifted over one of the sand bars a bit west of the river and immediately hit trout after trout exactly where they should have been...right on the drop of and change from shell to grass. Made that drift several times and hit em each time. With weather brewing and boats coming from the south running top speed, we figured it was time to get closer to the river. Went and drifted over some nice shallows to no avail. I went chasing after some flapping tails near shore (picture) but was unable to pull one out. Something VERY big chasing bait pods around, but never saw. Got me back in the boat though. Overall take was a 4 nice trout and a 22" red. Beautiful sunrise, red on topwater, predictable trout and safely back at the landing before the bottom dropped out.

Reel Cowboy
Site Sponsor

Re: Aucilla 6/21

Post by Reel Cowboy »

Red on top water :smt098
All in all sounds like a good day.
In the words of the great Doc Holliday, "I'll be your huckleberry"
tin can
Site Sponsor

Post by tin can »

Gotta love those topwater reds. Glad ya got a few.
What was I supposed to do today?
whitebc
Site Sponsor

Post by whitebc »

:thumbup: :thumbup:
A gun in the hand is better than a cop on the telephone.
WaltDawg
Site Sponsor

Post by WaltDawg »

Good report
Bow'd Up

Post by Bow'd Up »

Thanks for the report :thumbup: :thumbup: