Dogs finding Redfish

All things dealing with kayaks and kayak fishing.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

jsuber
Site Sponsor

Dogs finding Redfish

Post by jsuber »

THis fellow in SC is training dogs to find Redfish and so far he has been pretty successful. He's really got the nose for it. It took him about 2 years to get the dog to pinpoint the smell of the redfish.

procraftwes
Site Sponsor

Re: Dogs finding Redfish

Post by procraftwes »

does the dog have duct tape on his leg? lol
jsuber
Site Sponsor

Post by jsuber »

Makes him swim in circles when he falls out, and its easier to chase him down.
MudDucker
Site Sponsor

Post by MudDucker »

jsuber wrote:Makes him swim in circles when he falls out, and its easier to chase him down.
yea, I can see what a great dog lover you are :smt005
Its a wonderful day in the neighborhood!
CatchYourLimit

Post by CatchYourLimit »

jsuber wrote:Makes him swim in circles when he falls out, and its easier to chase him down.

I would pay to see this! :smt005
lizbeth
Site Sponsor

Post by lizbeth »

now..now
Pirate Girl
procraftwes
Site Sponsor

Post by procraftwes »

hahaha not a bad idea but funny as hell.. you must record it and put it on youtube..lol
Jumptrout51
Site Sponsor

Post by Jumptrout51 »

My dog POGO could find the fish.
She would jump on the bow and start staring into the water. Whenever she did this Butch and I would start fishing a little harder. Sure enough the bite would turn on.
Come to think of it...we have not consistently had the big stringers like we used to since POGO quit fishing with us.

Everytime we hooked a fish she would bark. It is a good thing CaseyCook was not around then. We would have no secret holes left.

R.I.P POGO :smt059
WHOSE FISH IS IT?
jsuber
Site Sponsor

Post by jsuber »

The dog was rescued from a car. Seems the owner left him inside and when the police arrived it was trying to paw through the window where the owner left it cracked. As they approached the car the dog broke the glass he was paddling so hard trying to escape the hot confines of the car. It cut his leg open. The dog was sent to an animal rescue facility, and the new owner made a duct tape sleeve to protect that area around the bandage. After it healed the dog went nuts when he pulled off the sleeve that surrounded the bandage. So he leaves the sleeve on. The dog likes it.
Barhopr
Site Sponsor

Post by Barhopr »

jsuber wrote:The dog was rescued from a car. Seems the owner left him inside and when the police arrived it was trying to paw through the window where the owner left it cracked. As they approached the car the dog broke the glass he was paddling so hard trying to escape the hot confines of the car. It cut his leg open. The dog was sent to an animal rescue facility, and the new owner made a duct tape sleeve to protect that area around the bandage. After it healed the dog went nuts when he pulled off the sleeve that surrounded the bandage. So he leaves the sleeve on. The dog likes it.
now thats funny, even if you're mudducker
VIVA la BT

Image_______________Image
Reel Cowboy
Site Sponsor

Post by Reel Cowboy »

jsuber wrote:The dog was rescued from a car. Seems the owner left him inside and when the police arrived it was trying to paw through the window where the owner left it cracked. As they approached the car the dog broke the glass he was paddling so hard trying to escape the hot confines of the car. It cut his leg open. The dog was sent to an animal rescue facility, and the new owner made a duct tape sleeve to protect that area around the bandage. After it healed the dog went nuts when he pulled off the sleeve that surrounded the bandage. So he leaves the sleeve on. The dog likes it.
I think I heard about that the other day in T-ville. Some hot shot lawyer, I think.
In the words of the great Doc Holliday, "I'll be your huckleberry"
snatch-n-reel
Site Sponsor

Post by snatch-n-reel »

Jumptrout51 wrote:Everytime we hooked a fish she would bark. It is a good thing CaseyCook was not around then. We would have no secret holes left.
:smt005 :smt005
Reel Cowboy wrote:
I think I heard about that the other day in T-ville. Some hot shot lawyer, I think.
:smt005 :smt005 :smt005 :beer:
Let me get them Numbers!!!!!!!!
caseycook

Post by caseycook »

Jumptrout51 wrote:My dog POGO could find the fish.
She would jump on the bow and start staring into the water. Whenever she did this Butch and I would start fishing a little harder. Sure enough the bite would turn on.
Come to think of it...we have not consistently had the big stringers like we used to since POGO quit fishing with us.

Everytime we hooked a fish she would bark. It is a good thing CaseyCook was not around then. We would have no secret holes left.
PFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFTTTTTTTTTTTT.
Boom goes the dynamite.
SHOWBOAT
Site Sponsor

Post by SHOWBOAT »

we need to start a poll for funniest thread of the year and award a prize at the Christmas party for the creator.

Thanks for the laughs... :beer:

This one would be hard to beat, and I have a feeling it's not done yet.... :smt064 :pop_1
In the end we will conserve only what we love. We will love only what we understand. And we will understand only what we are taught.
jsuber
Site Sponsor

Post by jsuber »

If you look real close at the dogs leg, you would see that the duct tape is wrapped around the top of a stakeout pole, and not on the dogs leg. But it has been interesting.