Scallopping July 4th St Marks

Use this area to post inshore fishing reports from the area. Please try to include relevant information such as:
Location, date, time, water conditions, weather conditions, baits, techniques, species caught, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

Flatout
Site Sponsor

Scallopping July 4th St Marks

Post by Flatout »

The most boats and people I've ever seen on tthe water at one time. I got to say it was the most courteous bunch of people I've ever seen including the Marine Patrol Officers!!! What a great day!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ypXO0mHhA0Y" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Last edited by Flatout on July 11th, 2008, 12:16 am, edited 4 times in total.
Be Good, and Take your Medicine!
wevans
Site Sponsor

Re: Scallopping July 4th St Marks

Post by wevans »

Video is no longer available :smt010
“Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.”
CrispyFishin

Post by CrispyFishin »

Dang sure was a mess of boats. I was out early on in very shallow scallop water and had to tip-toe my way out of there when I was done. There was a ton of traffic and I felt like we idled to clear it all for close to 30 minutes. :o
Work 'em silly Gators!!
cueball

Post by cueball »

I was out there in a kayak, and I agree that every one of those 300+ boats was on best behavior. I didn't see a single stupid thing all day. There was one waverunner, and it slowly eased way off away from everything to get down with some nasty-shredding-water-fun. Congradulations to everyone that was out there and the FWC for a fun and safe day.
Redfish Jim
Site Sponsor

Post by Redfish Jim »

I took a crew of people over there on the 4th myself. We had a good time. I agree that boaters were very courteous in tight quarters.