07/10/08 - Aucilla - 1st Blood in the New Boat

Use this area to post inshore fishing reports from the area. Please try to include relevant information such as:
Location, date, time, water conditions, weather conditions, baits, techniques, species caught, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

Jon Boat

07/10/08 - Aucilla - 1st Blood in the New Boat

Post by Jon Boat »

After work yesterday afternoon head over to the Aucilla with a buddy for evening of fishing. This would be the first fishing trip in my new boat(Carolina Skiff J16). Got on the water at about 6:45 and headed east and we were met with a little wind out of the SE but not too bad. I was hoping to throw TW but floating grass everywhere made us throw jigs. The grass made that challanging as well. We put a few dink trout in the boat with nothing special. We make a move and declare this will be our drift and on the first cast I hook up with a red and then my buddy cast and he hooks up too. I boat mine and its a barely a keeper. My buddy was using pretty light tackle and his put up a bit of a fight. Finally land her and its about 25 inches.

We head back in after that as the sun is setting. Get back to town clean the fish and the boat and put some redfish on the grill for dinner. CC came over for a few :beer: :beer: and BSing about all the beers he was going to win at the tourny. After he left he sent his ladyfriend back to pick up his beers he had left. She called you a cheapskate FYI.
caseycook

Re: 07/10/08 - Aucilla - 1st Blood in the New Boat

Post by caseycook »

Good day buddy...glad you finally got to break her in right. I can't wait to ride in the new boat... :thumbup:

And for the record, she wanted to get the beers, not me. I was planning on donating them to the Benton-Monroe Trust that I always so generously donate to.
Boom goes the dynamite.
tin can
Site Sponsor

Post by tin can »

Glad ya got the new ride broke in. :thumbup:
What was I supposed to do today?
Jon Boat

Post by Jon Boat »

Thank you for always being such a humanitarian. Beers are an endangered species at our house. :-D
Redbelly
Site Sponsor

Post by Redbelly »

What kind of setup on that j16? Hp motor? Tiller or remote console? Reason I ask is I am looking at the small skiffs right now as a possible rig for now.
Work 2 fish 4 days

1988 vintage 1436 Fisher Jon
1992 vintage 15 hp Merc
Jon Boat

Post by Jon Boat »

Ive got a 24 HP Yamaha 4 Stroke tiller steer. I got it up to 26 mph on the GPS with two of us on the boat. It came with a trolling motor and I am going to install it tomorrow. Its been a great boat so far. It also has a bimini top. Id be happy to take you out on her to see if its what you want.
wevans
Site Sponsor

Post by wevans »

Never heard of a 24hp motor :lol: sounds like ya broke er in right :thumbup: :beer:
“Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.”
Tidedancer
Site Sponsor

Post by Tidedancer »

Con grats on the new ride JB. Getin' her blooded up is a good thing :thumbup:

I hope you have many great trips in her.
bman

Post by bman »

Great way to break her in!!
Barry Bevis, Realtor and Owner of BigBendFishing.net
I liked it so much, I bought the company ;-)

http://www.bevisrealty.com
TEAM "Duck Season!"