Presidential debates

This section is for our members to talk about things not actually about fishing or boating. However, please read the Code of Conduct before posting.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

arcadiainc
Site Sponsor

Presidential debates

Post by arcadiainc »

Has anyone noticed that the presidential debates were so informative, electrifying and innovative that no one on this board has bothered to mention them?
wevans
Site Sponsor

Re: Presidential debates

Post by wevans »

To call that a debate is laughable :lol: more like a how much can I state my experiance and a how much can I blame Bush session :smt011 a worthless waste of time "IMO" :beer: :beer:
“Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.”
arcadiainc
Site Sponsor

Post by arcadiainc »

Wevens have you noticed that in this time of national crisis our choice appears to be between Click and Clack the tappet brothers?
Flint River Pirate
Site Sponsor

Post by Flint River Pirate »

:smt071 :smt100 :smt072

It was seriously not a debate. Maybe next week Sarah will make it interesting!
Team Jolly Mon
Tom Keels
Site Admin

Post by Tom Keels »

Flint River Pirate wrote::smt071 :smt100 :smt072

It was seriously not a debate. Maybe next week Sarah will make it interesting!

That will be interesting. We should play a drinking game based on how many foreign policy questions she answers with "Alaska is right next to Russia and Canada".

:smt005

The debate last night showed nothing new. Both men just re-stated things that had already been said on the campaign trail . Obama scares me a little with some of his inexperience. McCain just scares me.
Tom Keels
Site Founder

Dubble Trubble
Site Sponsor

Post by Dubble Trubble »

Lets put the blame where it is supposed to be.

My dad was a bank director before he passed. I remember back in the early 90's, the bank regulators tightened up on the industry. The DEMOCRATIC party started whining about how low income and minorities could not get home loans and kind of gave the message to banks "Either loan them money or we will do something. Wink,wink"

So the banks began loaning money to folks for 200,000 homes when they only made 20,000 a year. Now to make it affordable so the Dems would not whine, they came out with adjustable rate loans. You only pay 250 per month, and then after 5 years, it goes to 2500 per month (Ok, I exaggerate a little)....Then the industry started trading these loans like they were gold....

Well,time has caught up with it all, and now I see the dems are wanting to blame "The corrupt banking industry"

And as for the republicans, well, they just stood around and watched it happen without a word, so as to not appear "politcally incorrect"

Everybody wants to point a finger, while they ALL are at fault.

And the hardworking taxpayer gets the shaft again.

I am sorry to say it, but those bastards have sold your kids future forever....either we will crash (I think it will happen), or we will be back to trying to be a major economic power for years. We make hardly anything here anymore but babies and WIC cards.......

Let me add a caveat here....They are ALL scared to death also that if we go to get our money out of the banks, they will have to admit they do not have it anymore......

Dubble :smt011
Last edited by Dubble Trubble on September 27th, 2008, 11:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
The more I know about something, the more I know that I did not know as much as I thought I knew that I knew.
wevans
Site Sponsor

Post by wevans »

In all honesty, Palin is the only one I'm voting for!! She is the only one that hasn't been TRAINED to be a politician and that fact refreshingly shows in her interviews :smt004 The country has had nothing but trained politicians in office for the last 100 years and it has gottin us nothing but more corruption and deeper in debt :hammer: :hammer: Maybe someone who doesn't talk the slick talk or walk the slippery walk is just what we need now :smt004 :thumbup: :beer:
“Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.”
Dubble Trubble
Site Sponsor

Post by Dubble Trubble »

Couldn't agree with you more Wevans. I just wish she was the Presidential candidate.....

come to think of it, McCain IS kinda old.....wink,wink :-D

Dubble :thumbup:
The more I know about something, the more I know that I did not know as much as I thought I knew that I knew.
dolphinatic
Advertising Sponsor

Post by dolphinatic »

I watched last night just out of curiosity....and the fact that my wife wanted to watch it. She's never been into following politics, but this one has her very interested. Not just because Palin is running for VP either. She called me the morning McCain picked her as his running mate and said that she had been in tears just listening to Palin speak. No matter your opinions about politics, those emotions are real because Palin is real. I told her the night before that it was going to be Palin, so she started doing her research on Palin.....just like many other people the morning McCain picked her. I told her that McCain had no choice but to pick Palin after "Uh"bama went with "Plugs" Biden. It was a statement. "Uh"bama is running on Change, but hasn't shown any in my opinion. He had a chance to pick the woman to be his running mate, and passed. Even Biden has admitted that Hillary would have been a better choice than him :lol: Could you see Palin saying publicly that Romney would have been a better choice than her :smt005 There is a real agenda behind "Uh"bama being elected and that's what gives me concern. The Dems want the White House so bad that they are willing to put a guy out there with no experience in dealing with our enemies, running just 1 state as opposed to 50 (or 57 :roll: ) or even a business for that matter, just to regain power. "Uh"bama is their tool to regain it. Right now they own Congress and can't even accomplish anything there without referencing the minority Republicans as to their innability to pass anything. I honestly don't even think deep down "Uh"bama wants it. He's been told to take it. Other than being a good speaker when he has been told what to say, what else does he have going for him? At least Palin speaks from the heart and I believe McCain does to....even when he's wrong. I do believe that Palin and Biden will be a good one though. The "Uh"bama campaign will be on pins and needles hoping he doesn't go off and say something stupid again while the Reps will just turn Palin loose. I just hope they let her be herself and don't try to give her talking points. That's why people like her....she's real. Ought to be interesting for sure :thumbup:

By the way, I personally don't think that "Uh"bama stands a chance of being elected. The media is his best chance right now, and polls are irrelevant at this point. They are taken to influence a result, not reflect one. Come November, America will head to the voting booths and vote their conscience and our votes will count more than their opinions. Just my $.025 worth :D
"Death and life are in the power of the tongue: and they that love it shall eat the fruit thereof." Proverbs 18:21

Team BevisRealty.com
whitebc
Site Sponsor

Post by whitebc »

Wow I could not have said it better at all!! :thumbup: :thumbup:
C ome
H elp
A
N obody
G et
E lected
:-D :-D
A gun in the hand is better than a cop on the telephone.
MudDucker
Site Sponsor

Post by MudDucker »

whitebc wrote:Wow I could not have said it better at all!! :thumbup: :thumbup:
C ome
H elp
A
N obody
G et
E lected
:-D :-D
Thats great, I gotta remember this one. :thumbup:
Its a wonderful day in the neighborhood!
Jumptrout51
Site Sponsor

Post by Jumptrout51 »

I am with Wevans and Dolphinatic. It is time to get a citizen in the White House grounds not a politician.
Palin will do fine with OJT.
WHOSE FISH IS IT?
Reel Cowboy
Site Sponsor

Post by Reel Cowboy »

Jumptrout51 wrote:I am with Wevans and Dolphinatic. It is time to get a citizen in the White House grounds not a politician.
Palin will do fine with OJT.

Never thought I'd say this but I agree with Steve on this one.
In the words of the great Doc Holliday, "I'll be your huckleberry"
Mook!
Site Sponsor

Post by Mook! »

The question we need to ask is not whether or not the debates were bad, but how they got to be this bad in the first place. The last eight years of irresponsible candidacy by the Bush administraiton, supported by McCain, have led the American public to want to buy this 'change' bulls**t, whether or not it contains any actual substance what-so-ever.
Mookbait! At least 401 times better than live bait!

He who have signature line make bigger post.
Flint River Pirate
Site Sponsor

Post by Flint River Pirate »

Mook! wrote:The last eight years of irresponsible candidacy by the Bush administraiton, supported by McCain,
Not necessarily Mook. McCain is his own man. There were plenty of times he disagreed with the president. The sad thing is Obama doesn't even have enough of a clue to disagree with anything in particular, he would rather group it all into one. McCain obviously is the only choice at this point. Obama needs some experience. Alaska might have an opening for Governor?? :-D
Team Jolly Mon