BigBendFishing.Net Social 2009

Use this area to post offshore fishing reports from the area. Please try to include relevant information such as:
Location, date, time, water conditions, weather conditions, baits, techniques, species caught, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

Tom Keels
Site Admin

BigBendFishing.Net Social 2009

Post by Tom Keels »

The 6th annual Bigbendfishing.net Social presented by Barry Bevis Realty will be held on February 28th, 2009 at the Myron B. Hodge Sopchoppy City Park. Directions: South on 319 from Tallahassee to Sopchoppy, turn right onto Sheldon and go to the end, turn left on to Park, the park is located 1/4 mile down Park on the right. - Map to the park

This is a chance for everyone to meet fellow forum members, place a face with a name and further define the fellowship this site has created over the years.

As with last years Social this will be a family event and a group effort on everyone's part. Everyone is encouraged to bring their favorite covered dish to share with the group. We will also need other things for the event for those that do not want to bring food, a list of what will be needed is listed below. We will be frying fish and grilling some hot dogs and hamburgers for the kids. Please bring a utensil to serve your dish.

Raffle: Everyone who signs up ahead of time and checks in at the Social will get one ticket. Additional tickets will be available for $1.00 each. All proceeds go to website redesign & maintenance.

Special Raffle Item - If you would like an additional free raffle ticket bring one new fishing lure with you to the event. One lure being a pack of soft plastics, a rapala, a mirrolure, etc. The lure will need to be in it's original bag, box, etc. We will take this lure and place it in a tackle box. The tackle box full of member provided lures will be included in a seperate raffle.

NOTE - You only get one free ticket when you bring a lure, if you bring three more lures you do not get three more tickets.

Time - 11:00 a.m. until

Please let us know what you would like to bring in this post, we will need things like fish, cole slaw, grits, oil, paper towels, cups, drinks, ice, etc. We will have a page up this week tracking who is bringing what.

So let us know what you're bringing and how many is in your party. Here is a link to the planning page - http://www.bigbendfishing.net/social09/social.htm

Hope to see you there.....Everyone is invited - wife, kids, grand parents, aunts, uncles, baby momma's, etc.

Additionally this event is a sponsorship drive for BigBendFishing.Net. We initially have had great response from vendors, but as the years have worn on the sponsorship participation has fallen off. We are asking you the members to help, if you know somebody or your interested in being a site sponsor please let myself or Chalk know.

This year we have four levels of sponsorship:

Presenting Sponsors - $500 & up (Barry Bevis Realty)

As a Presenting Sponsor your business will receive a larger banner advertisement at the top of all web pages, a small banner advertisement on the website. Your company will be listed on the event shirts as the presenter of BigBendFishing.Net Social 2009. - Cost of Gold Sponsor - $500.00 in monies or merchandise or a combination of the two.

Gold Sponsors - $250 & up (Only open to 15 Companies)

As a Gold Sponsor your business will receive a larger banner advertisement at the top of all web pages, company name listed on event shirts. Your company will sponsor a forum topic in the form of a small banner ad visible every time someone enters the website forum. - Cost of Gold Sponsor - $250.00 in monies or merchandise or a combination of the two.

Silver Sponsors - $150 & up

As a Silver Sponsor your business will receive a larger banner advertisement at the top of all web pages, company name listed on event shirts - Cost of Silver Sponsor - $150.00 in monies or merchandise or a combination of the two.

Bronze Sponsors - $50 & up

As a Bronze Sponsor your company name will be listed on the back of the event shirts. - Cost of Bronze Sponsors - $50.00 in monies or merchandise or a combination of the two.

Why would this be beneficial for your company? We have over 1800 active members on the site. We have over 2,500,000 hits to the website each month with more than 10,000 different users. The advertisement levels are lowered for this yearly event and it's a great time to become part of BigBendFishing.Net.

The items at the raffle come from the sponsors; if we do not have many sponsors there will not be many items to raffle off. If you want to be part of the site and help out, here is your chance.
Tom Keels
Site Founder

RodBow
Site Sponsor

Re: BigBendFishing.Net Social 2009

Post by RodBow »

Rodbow + 3.
We'll start with toilet paper ( to get on everyone's good side )
use your opportunities ...

218 Carolina Skiff
25 Bayliner Deck
bman

Post by bman »

WOOO HOO... You know I'm in!
Planning on bringing a crew down this year!
Barry Bevis, Realtor and Owner of BigBendFishing.net
I liked it so much, I bought the company ;-)

http://www.bevisrealty.com
TEAM "Duck Season!"
Eerman
Site Sponsor

Post by Eerman »

Eerman and hopefully +3. I'll bring cups and some plates.
"Why does Sea World have a seafood restaurant?? I'm halfway through my fish burger and I realize, Oh man....I could be eating a slow learner."
Tom Keels
Site Admin

Post by Tom Keels »

Just so everyone is clear. The boat show this year, I have been told, has been moved to the first weekend in March. So no excuses this time.

Glad to have you again this year Barry!
Tom Keels
Site Founder

GAJOEY
Site Sponsor

Post by GAJOEY »

GAJOEY + 2 ...I will bring sodas and water
Watch out for the one who brings a spoon to a knife fight..he is either really stupid or really good with a spoon. <')))><
Tom Keels
Site Admin

Post by Tom Keels »

GAJOEY wrote:GAJOEY + 2 ...I will bring sodas and water
I never heard. Did you ever go on your trip you won?
Tom Keels
Site Founder

GAJOEY
Site Sponsor

Post by GAJOEY »

Tom Keels wrote:
GAJOEY wrote:GAJOEY + 2 ...I will bring sodas and water
I never heard. Did you ever go on your trip you won?

Not yet ..I am going to call him and see if he can fit me in some time in Jan. My job had been keeping me slammed and with my father passing I had to use up most of my vacation trying to tie things up..but it is on now ..I donated 50 bucks to the FWC in 2008 did not get to go fishing one time in Florida but that will not be the case on 2009
Watch out for the one who brings a spoon to a knife fight..he is either really stupid or really good with a spoon. <')))><
Tom Keels
Site Admin

Post by Tom Keels »

That's cool. February is supposedly the time for the cobia run. I'd like to get down there for that.
Tom Keels
Site Founder

silverking
Site Sponsor

Post by silverking »

Tom,
Salt Water Sportsman will continue its sponsorship at the Gold level. I've got some cool branded gear and other goodies for the social already set aside.

And I may even be able to attend, too, if I'm not off to El Salvador chasing blue marlin or some other "chore" for work.

Merry Christmas and tight lines to all for 2009!

Capt. Dave Lear
Senior Editor
RHTFISH
Site Sponsor

Post by RHTFISH »

Wife and/or significant other (my very being is under rather constant threat) ...
dozen rolls paper towels and stack of plates
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.
What a mess

Post by What a mess »

I can't get it right that is a Kairos Prison Ministry weekend from Thurs - Sun.

I guess I'll just have to look at the pictures again this year.
Yesterday it was taboo today it is normal what the heck will they be doing tomorrow?
Tom Keels
Site Admin

Post by Tom Keels »

silverking wrote:Tom,
Salt Water Sportsman will continue its sponsorship at the Gold level. I've got some cool branded gear and other goodies for the social already set aside.

And I may even be able to attend, too, if I'm not off to El Salvador chasing blue marlin or some other "chore" for work.

Merry Christmas and tight lines to all for 2009!

Capt. Dave Lear
Senior Editor

Good to hear Dave. Thanks very much!
Tom Keels
Site Founder

Barhopr
Site Sponsor

Post by Barhopr »

What a mess wrote:I can't get it right that is a Kairos Prison Ministry weekend from Thurs - Sun.

I guess I'll just have to look at the pictures again this year.
Hey WAM, they aren't going anywhere!

I'll be there, just me and a spare set of keys.
VIVA la BT

Image_______________Image
dolphinatic
Advertising Sponsor

Post by dolphinatic »

Tom Keels wrote:That's cool. February is supposedly the time for the cobia run. I'd like to get down there for that.
I'm in...let me know when you wanna go :thumbup: I think I can scrape up a boat to go offshore :roll:

Also, put Custom Detailing down for another sponsorship in 2009. This time I'm gonna mix it up between gift certificates, an offshore fishing trip and $$$$$$ ($500 value)

Put me down for the entire family (5)
"Death and life are in the power of the tongue: and they that love it shall eat the fruit thereof." Proverbs 18:21

Team BevisRealty.com