Thank you Mr. President!!!

This section is for our members to talk about things not actually about fishing or boating. However, please read the Code of Conduct before posting.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

dolphinatic
Advertising Sponsor

Thank you Mr. President!!!

Post by dolphinatic »

I just wanted to take a moment to show my thanks to our 43rd President of these great United States, George W. Bush. This is by no means a rubber stamp of approval for all his accomplishments as President, just a sincere act of gratitude for the more important things I honestly believe that he tried to protect. I believe that his Presidency was divinly orchestrated for such a time in our nation's history. I believe him to be a moral man who ernestly sought God for guidance in leading this nation. I'm appreciative for the example set forth by him as a faithful husband and as a loyal dad. It takes a strong woman to stand by her spouse through what they endured these past 8 years together, and Laura Bush did that well as a First Lady. I believe him to be a devout supporter of our military both through his service as well as his administrative support. He helped keep this nation safe from other terrorist attacks since that horrific day on September 11, 2001. Time may never disclose the efforts done behind the scenes to help keep our security intact. I commend him for making the tough, not political, decision to send our brave troops into battle knowing that their lives were on his hands. He will be blamed for numerous things such as a sinking economy and high unemployment, of which no one man controls. Too little is ever mentioned about taking responsibilty for one's own actions instead of looking to blame others. Many say that he has tarnished our reputation with the rest of the world. I say good....he must have been doing something right. I'll take freedom over popularity any day. The Presidency is not a popularity contest, but the hardest job in the world. For that, I have to commend him for taking the job I never would. Only time will tell the full story whether you like him or not.
Last edited by dolphinatic on January 20th, 2009, 9:09 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"Death and life are in the power of the tongue: and they that love it shall eat the fruit thereof." Proverbs 18:21

Team BevisRealty.com
Reel Cowboy
Site Sponsor

Re: Thank you Mr. President!!!

Post by Reel Cowboy »

Well said.
In the words of the great Doc Holliday, "I'll be your huckleberry"
Reel Navy
Site Sponsor

Post by Reel Navy »

:thumbup: Ditto :thumbup:
Dear Lord, please let me be the kind of person my dog thought I was .....
Fisherman989
Site Sponsor

Post by Fisherman989 »

Couldn't have said it better. We have had a good man at the job for these past eight years. He's made plenty of mistakes...but haven't we all. AT least the country has been safe. :D
yukondon

Post by yukondon »

So when does the "NOT" come in here?
Mr Flats

Post by Mr Flats »

Finally, someone who recognizes the efforts made by 43 to keep us safe! I agree with everything you said. salute3

Unfortunately, living in Tallahassee (Liberalville, USA) I am in a very small minority....
Perch Jerker
Site Sponsor

Post by Perch Jerker »

Wells said D. Thanks for taking the time to write it down.
Flint River Pirate
Site Sponsor

Post by Flint River Pirate »

Thanks for your thoughts Tom. And may God bless you President Bush. salute2
Team Jolly Mon
MudDucker
Site Sponsor

Post by MudDucker »

Great comments and I agree 100% :thumbup:
Its a wonderful day in the neighborhood!
RHTFISH
Site Sponsor

Post by RHTFISH »

Excellent! I'm going to miss Dick Cheney also!
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.
wevans
Site Sponsor

Post by wevans »

How quickly they forget :smt011 GEARGE W. BUSH salute3

“Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.”
big bend gyrene

Post by big bend gyrene »

Keeping it completely honest on my part I've been disappointed at many of the more liberal financial decisions made during the President's tenure, and it saddens me as otherwise I'm fully on board with all of the praise. This said, just a quick look at Bush's face shows he didn't take the job lightly and for his amazing efforts providing us physical security the past seven + years I am and will remain thankful for the rest of my days.
salute1 :thumbup:
"The Marines I have seen around the world have the cleanest bodies, the filthiest minds, the highest morale, and the lowest morals of any group of animals I have ever seen. Thank GOD for the United States Marine Corps." Eleanor Roosevelt, 1945
GatorBaiter

Post by GatorBaiter »

It amazes me how people are so overjoyed about the "new" guy. They are celebrating all over the world...and the muslim countries are thrilled. You would think that someone would point out that he must of done a pretty good job if he managed to piss them off that bad...not to mention scare the S*** outa them! Anytime you see foreign countries thrilled over our new president it should raise some serious question about what this man stands for. But I could not agree more with Dolphin...thank you Pres. Bush for the last 8 years of your life...not to mention those daughters :) !
"People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance." Cicero - 55 BC
Boy...we sure have come a long way since then!
dolphinatic
Advertising Sponsor

Post by dolphinatic »

Like I said, this post was in no means a spotless praise of President Bush, just a small way of showing my appreciation for his efforts.

What the national, world even local media has done to slam him till the very end is truly sad. Totally disrespectful to a sitting President (the office). Even our local piece of crap "newspaper" had to jump on by printing the pictures of the former Presidents in their suits and ties except for one......our current President in just a dress shirt :smt009 Of course, BJ Clinton has one of the nicer photos resembling an oil painting similar to JFK's. I'm glad they don't get a dime from me and never will.

Thank God that after tomorrow this will all be over and the new President will have to get to work and try to start cashing in on all the promises he made to get elected. Good luck....
"Death and life are in the power of the tongue: and they that love it shall eat the fruit thereof." Proverbs 18:21

Team BevisRealty.com
Reel Cowboy
Site Sponsor

Post by Reel Cowboy »

dolphinatic wrote:the new President will have to get to work and try to start cashing in
Our futures. But hey, I've got a 2 1/2 year plan and Costa Rica is already a little messed up.
In the words of the great Doc Holliday, "I'll be your huckleberry"