Fishbites New Products Page

This area is for general discussions about fishing, rigging, baits, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

mrmike

Fishbites New Products Page

Post by mrmike »

At long last I've finally gotten around to building this page. Basicallly it's place you can check every now and again to see what Fishbites or Fishbites infused products are on the horizon.

http://www.fishbites.com/new_products.htm

Tight lines and safe journeys to all!!!
dstockwell

Post by dstockwell »

:thumbup: Thanks for the info mike..
d-tox
Site Sponsor

Fishbites Across the Atlantic

Post by d-tox »

While traveling through Europe this summer I had a chance to go fishing off the west coast of Ireland. The local people were very nice, but they were in competition with several "package groups" where one price included airfare, lodging, and a spot of their equivalent of a head boat. The people I was fishing with either ate or sold the fish they caught and through the first part of the charter was only a fair fishing day on the water.

In Ireland you can't use live bait, so they use Christmas tree rigs with jigs. The night before the fishing trip, I was checking the pockets of my foul weather gear, and what did I find, but a pack of Fishbites from one of my Gulf fishing trips. So, I slipped some Fishbites on the hooks. The difference was DRAMATIC! The first mate (the captain's daughter) eventually exclaimed "The Americans (me and my daughter) are badly outfishing us!"

I told them what we were using and that Fishbites were completely artificial. They were skeptical at first, but they tried them anyway. They started catching a lot a fish. To say they were happy is an understatement.

My daughter even caught a large cod. It's must be somewhat unusual because they were excited about. Especially when they found out that we didn't want any of the fish as we were flying to England the next day.

The bottom line (sorry) is that Fishbites also work with North Atlantic fish. Thought you would like to know.
When the water reaches the upper level, follow the rats. - Claude Swanson, F.D.R.'s Secretary of the Navy
Cranfield
Site Sponsor

Post by Cranfield »

dtox, it also helps if you dip your mackerel feathers in Guinness. :lol: :lol:

A nice example of the kind Irish folk humouring the American tourist. :wink: :wink:

Fishbites are now available in the UK and have been getting some good reviews, on the Angling websites and the magazines.
mrmike

Post by mrmike »

D-tox,

I don't suppose you remember which Fishbites product and more importantly, which flavor you used over there in Ireland??

Thanks for the cool post. Tight lines and safe journeys!!
d-tox
Site Sponsor

Post by d-tox »

The small shrimp ones.
When the water reaches the upper level, follow the rats. - Claude Swanson, F.D.R.'s Secretary of the Navy