ANOTHER ATTACK ON THE SECOND AMMENDMENT Subject: Bill HR 45

This section is for our members to talk about things not actually about fishing or boating. However, please read the Code of Conduct before posting.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

4C's
Site Sponsor

ANOTHER ATTACK ON THE SECOND AMMENDMENT Subject: Bill HR 45

Post by 4C's »

I recieved this via e-mail today. I checked into HR 45, and will be contacting my representatives. Some of it is reasonable; but I believe it goes too far. Check into the bill and come to your own conclusions.
If anyone has other info on this bill please post. Protect your rights before they are taken.......

PLEASE TAKE ACTION NOW!
Subject: Bill HR 45

Heads up for anyone in possession of a hunting rifle or firearm in their home.... be a good friend and pass it on as I believe its being passed "under the radar" so few will know until they get a knock at their door.
Blair Holt Firearm Licensing & Record of Sale Act
2-16-9
Very Important for you to be aware of a new bill HR 45 introduced into the House. This is the Blair Holt Firearm Licensing & Record of Sale Act of 2009.
We just learned yesterday about this on the Peter Boyles radio program. Even gun shop owners didn't know about this because it is flying under the radar.
To find out about this - go to any government website and type in HR 45 or Google HR 45 Blair Holt Firearm Licensing & ; Record of Sales Act of 2009. You will get all the information.

Basically this would make it illegal to own a firearm - any rifle with a clip or ANY pistol unless:

It is registered,

you are fingerprinted,

you supply a current Driver's License,

you supply your Social Security #,

you will submit to a physical & mental evaluation at any time of their choosing.

Each update - change or ownership through private or public sale must be reported and costs $25 - Failure to do so you automatically lose the right to own a firearm and are subject up to a year in jail.

There is a child provision clause on page 16 section 305 stating a child-access provision. Gun must be locked and inaccessible to any child under 18. They would have the right to come and inspect that you are storing your gun safely away from accessibility to children and fine is punishable for up to 5 yrs. in prison.

If you think this is a joke - go to the website and take your pick of many options to read this. It is long and lengthy. But, more and more people are becoming aware of this. Pass the word along. Any hunters in your family - pass this along.

Peter Boyles (?? I copied and pasted and am not sure where this radio station is but NRA membership is sound advice) is on this and having guests. Listen to him on K.H.O.W. 6:30 a.m. in the morning. He suggests the best way to fight this is to tell all your friends about it and "spring into action". Also he suggests we all join a pro-gun group like the Colorado Rifle Association, hunting associations, gun clubs and especially the NRA..

This is just a "termite" approach to complete confiscation of guns and disarming of our society to the point we have no defense - chip away a little here and there until the goal is accomplished before anyone realizes it.

This is one to act on whether you own a gun or not. If you take my gun, only the criminal will have one to use against me. HR 45 only makes me/us less safe.

Read up at the following links:
http://www.govtrack.us/congress/billtex ... ll=h111-45

http://thomas.loc.gov/cgi-bin/query/z?c111:H.R.45:

http://www.opencongress.org/bill/111-h45/show

Contact your Senator and Representative and tell them "DO NOT SUPPORT HR 45 - The Blair Holt Firearm Licensing & Record of Sale Act of 2009". You can find their contact info at the link below:

http://www.usa.gov/Contact/Elected.shtml
Kids that hunt and fish don't steal and deal!!
Fisher of Men
Site Sponsor

Re: ANOTHER ATTACK ON THE SECOND AMMENDMENT Subject: Bill HR 45

Post by Fisher of Men »

This is scary. They will have to come get mine.
When the going gets tough, the wise one gets on his knees and prays.
Flint River Pirate
Site Sponsor

Post by Flint River Pirate »

Fisher of Men wrote: They will have to come get mine.
Oh, they will............. :smt009 :smt009
Team Jolly Mon
Fisher of Men
Site Sponsor

Post by Fisher of Men »

Flint River Pirate wrote:
Fisher of Men wrote: They will have to come get mine.
Oh, they will............. :smt009 :smt009
:smt067 :smt067 :smt067 :smt067 :smt067
When the going gets tough, the wise one gets on his knees and prays.
Jumptrout51
Site Sponsor

Post by Jumptrout51 »

I just sent Rep. Allen Boyd a e mail stating I hope he is not supporting HR45 bill.
If so, I would no longer support him.
WHOSE FISH IS IT?
Littoral

Post by Littoral »

"They" do need to steer clear of the second but I got to thinking that
I should read the bill before I added my opinion.
It'll take awhile.
http://www.opencongress.org/bill/111-h45/text
Actually listening to what other people say is worth the effort.
Reel Cowboy
Site Sponsor

Post by Reel Cowboy »

A little revolution every now and then is a good thing.
In the words of the great Doc Holliday, "I'll be your huckleberry"
dolphinatic
Advertising Sponsor

Post by dolphinatic »

Jumptrout51 wrote:I just sent Rep. Allen Boyd a e mail stating I hope he is not supporting HR45 bill.
If so, I would no longer support him.
Boyd won't support this. He's supported way too well by the local agriculturalists and good ole boys in the North Florida area and he's a gun owner from Jefferson County himself. I don't support him anyway, regardless due to the fact that he is a flaming liberal. I do give him kudos though on not supporting the stimulus, unlike our governor who can't wait for the funds to come rolling into the state to help prop him up politically.
"Death and life are in the power of the tongue: and they that love it shall eat the fruit thereof." Proverbs 18:21

Team BevisRealty.com
RHTFISH
Site Sponsor

Post by RHTFISH »

Reel Cowboy wrote:A little revolution every now and then is a good thing.
At the rate we're going it won't be long now!
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.
wevans
Site Sponsor

Post by wevans »

I got one I'll give em :-D but they'll never get any of the others :smt004 :beer:
“Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.”
Dubble Trubble
Site Sponsor

Post by Dubble Trubble »

"They will get my guns when they pry them from my cold, dead fingers"

Too bad many say that and do not really mean it.

Nobody's got any kahunas anymore.

Let the revolution begin!

Dubble salute1
The more I know about something, the more I know that I did not know as much as I thought I knew that I knew.
Jeffry50

Post by Jeffry50 »

Dubble Trubble wrote:"They will get my guns when they pry them from my cold, dead fingers"

Too bad many say that and do not really mean it.

Nobody's got any kahunas anymore.

Let the revolution begin!

Dubble salute1
I agree. There needs to be some actions with all the talk. I personally despise all anti-gun politicians and I get tired of hearing about all the criminals killing other criminals with guns. WHO CARES? A criminal will select his victims more carefully if there is a possibility the person is armed. Why do all these politicians have armed security if the world would be a better place without firearms? Because they're full of crap and hypocritical. Everyone in this country has a right to protect their family and property by any means necessary.
Flanders
Site Sponsor

Post by Flanders »

I say we start a POSSE!!! :smt026
I come from a small drinking community with a fishing problem
Tennessee

Post by Tennessee »

Guys I sure hope we don't stir up any Timothy McVays this time around with all this bull crap.
G3stalker

Post by G3stalker »

calm down, it'll never happen. the government cant control jack when it comes to guns, drugs, and hookers.