FSU Fishing Club's 6th Annual Spring Tournament - April 4th

This area is for general discussions about fishing, rigging, baits, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

FSUfishingClub

FSU Fishing Club's 6th Annual Spring Tournament - April 4th

Post by FSUfishingClub »

Hey everyone,
I just wanted to invite area anglers to fish in the FSU Fishing Club's 6th Annual Spring Tournament this Saturday, April 4th. The tournament is being held out of Jerry's Bait & Tackle on Woodville Highway. You can register there, until noon on Saturday, or at The Captain's meeting Friday night at AJ's Sports Bar in Tallahassee. Entry is $30 per angler, which includes a fish fry and "refreshments" :beer: at the weigh-in.

We've got some great prizes from local sponsors. Myhometownfishing.com and Tallahassee Marine have each contributed a $100 bonus for first place trout and redfish. Tarantino Properties will give a $100 bonus to the big game jackpot winner. PoBoy's, AJ's, and Jenny's Lunchbox have also made some generous contributions.

For more information check out our website or the tournament flyer.

Tournament Flyer: http://fsufishing.com/uploads/Tourney.pdf
culrich
Site Sponsor

Re: FSU Fishing Club's 6th Annual Spring Tournament - April 4th

Post by culrich »

What time is the captains meeting Friday? Can we sign up then head coastal or do we have to check in at Jerrys Saturday morning?
NO FLUKE!!!

LANARK MARKET!!!!
FSUfishingClub

Post by FSUfishingClub »

Captains meeting is at 8:00 Friday night. There is no morning check-in, the tournament begins at sunrise.
culrich
Site Sponsor

Post by culrich »

10-4 see u friday night. :thumbup:
NO FLUKE!!!

LANARK MARKET!!!!
Jumptrout51
Site Sponsor

Post by Jumptrout51 »

There doesn't seem to be any rules.
WHOSE FISH IS IT?
culrich
Site Sponsor

Post by culrich »

Jumptrout51 wrote:There doesn't seem to be any rules.
I like that you dont have to sign in at jerrys in the morning. I was heading to the coast Friday and fishing Saturday already so why not fish the tourney. I hope there's some rules at the weigh-in. :thumbup:
NO FLUKE!!!

LANARK MARKET!!!!
FishWithChris

Post by FishWithChris »

We'll be there Friday night.

I'd like to get a bit more specificity on the "rules" of the tourney. It says tourney starts at Sunrise, so can I put in wherever but just as long as I'm back at Jerry's by 4 to weigh in?

Our boat is in the shop, sooooooooo 16ft' johnny here we come!
Three-fourths of the Earth's surface is water, and one-fourth is land. It is quite clear that the good Lord intended us to spend triple the amount of time fishing as taking care of the lawn. ~Chuck Clark

Image Image Image
jsuber
Site Sponsor

Post by jsuber »

So there are two tournaments at Jerrys on Saturday. Hmmmm
FishWithChris

Post by FishWithChris »

jsuber wrote:So there are two tournaments at Jerrys on Saturday. Hmmmm
I just realized that as well. I wonder if this is "in conjunction with" or what. This is going to be a very crowded Saturday.
Three-fourths of the Earth's surface is water, and one-fourth is land. It is quite clear that the good Lord intended us to spend triple the amount of time fishing as taking care of the lawn. ~Chuck Clark

Image Image Image
RiverRunner

Post by RiverRunner »

If you would click on the Tournament flyer, you would see the rules. :roll:
Jumptrout51
Site Sponsor

Post by Jumptrout51 »

RiverRunner wrote:If you would click on the Tournament flyer, you would see the rules. :roll:
Everyboby likes a little azz, nobody likes a smart azz.
The click here notice should have been a little bigger for those with poor eyesight.
But, on the other hand I am certain it was added after my question.

Now that I know the rules. Does the 3 fish rule mean per person or per boat?
If per boat, is the FSU Fishing Club going to deny a lot of entrants from North Florida Gulf Fishing Club entry to the tournament on the same day from the same location?
Will all FSU entrants boats be checked for over the 3 fish rule?
How can you have a 3 fish rule and still allow the fish if you have a multiple species SLAM for grouper,sheepshead,permit,flounder,spanish,king etc?
WHOSE FISH IS IT?
FSUfishingClub

Post by FSUfishingClub »

Okay, I didn't realize the Big Bend Forums was filled with UF grads, but I'll break it down into simple enough terms that even a Miami graduate could understand...

1) The FSU Fishing Club's Spring Tournament is April 4, 2009.
2) It is being hosted by Jerry's Bait & Tackle.
3) Yes, the NFGFC scheduled their tournament for the same day.
4) No, we did not know there would be two tournaments there that day...ask me why...
5) Because when we called in mid January and requested that date Jerry's said they had no other reservations...and...
6) And when we went to Jerry's a couple weeks ago and asked about the April 4th date of the NFGFC tournament they had no idea what we were talking about.
7) So, sorry about the two-tournaments-on-the-same-day-thing...again.
8 ) We don't care how many tournaments you weigh your fish at. We want to fish and have an excuse to drink beer and fry fish (like it is really necessary).
9) That means it is okay with us if you enter both tournaments; I don't know, or care, how the NFGFC feels about this.
10) The FSU Fishing Club Tourneys have operated under the same rules since 2004. Start at sunrise; be at Jerry's at 4. If you can't handle that, fish at UF.
11) We allow one fish to be weighed in per angler and three fish per boat. It is that simple. You can keep whatever is legal.
12) Will we search your boat? Of course, and we'll probably commodore any unopened beers we find on board.
13) Seriously, each registered angler gets to weigh in one fish, whatever category it falls into.
14) Don't put 23 fishermen on your boat, because we'll only let 3 weigh fish.
15) Don't put any other number of fishermen on your boat, because we'll only let 3 weigh fish.
12) Don't lie about it. We will find you, and the consequences will be dire. Seriously. Chum in your wife's/girlfrined's $@&!%. Don't ask how...we'll find it.
16) Who the heck ever mentioned a slam? Read the rules, heaviest gamefish that is not a trout or a red wins the jackpot-- as long as you paid the extra $10.

Thank you for your patience. If you STILL have questions, please call me at 561-315-4849, or email me at fsufishing@gmail.com. I don't have time to monitor the forums, but I'll be happy to draw some crayon pictures to explain it to you.

Oh, and as much as nobody likes a smartass, nobody likes someone who thinks their smart enough to call someone an ass.

Good luck. We’ll see you at the scale.
birddog
Site Sponsor

Post by birddog »

Wow, I've got a warm fuzzy feeling all over. :smt005
GULP! free since 1970.
jsuber
Site Sponsor

Post by jsuber »

FSUfishingClub wrote:Okay, I didn't realize the Big Bend Forums was filled with UF grads, but I'll break it down into simple enough terms that even a Miami graduate could understand...

1) The FSU Fishing Club's Spring Tournament is April 4, 2009.
2) It is being hosted by Jerry's Bait & Tackle.
3) Yes, the NFGFC scheduled their tournament for the same day.
4) No, we did not know there would be two tournaments there that day...ask me why...
5) Because when we called in mid January and requested that date Jerry's said they had no other reservations...and...
6) And when we went to Jerry's a couple weeks ago and asked about the April 4th date of the NFGFC tournament they had no idea what we were talking about.
7) So, sorry about the two-tournaments-on-the-same-day-thing...again.
8 ) We don't care how many tournaments you weigh your fish at. We want to fish and have an excuse to drink beer and fry fish (like it is really necessary).
9) That means it is okay with us if you enter both tournaments; I don't know, or care, how the NFGFC feels about this.
10) The FSU Fishing Club Tourneys have operated under the same rules since 2004. Start at sunrise; be at Jerry's at 4. If you can't handle that, fish at UF.
11) We allow one fish to be weighed in per angler and three fish per boat. It is that simple. You can keep whatever is legal.
12) Will we search your boat? Of course, and we'll probably commodore any unopened beers we find on board.
13) Seriously, each registered angler gets to weigh in one fish, whatever category it falls into.
14) Don't put 23 fishermen on your boat, because we'll only let 3 weigh fish.
15) Don't put any other number of fishermen on your boat, because we'll only let 3 weigh fish.
12) Don't lie about it. We will find you, and the consequences will be dire. Seriously. Chum in your wife's/girlfrined's $@&!%. Don't ask how...we'll find it.
16) Who the heck ever mentioned a slam? Read the rules, heaviest gamefish that is not a trout or a red wins the jackpot-- as long as you paid the extra $10.

Thank you for your patience. If you STILL have questions, please call me at 561-315-4849, or email me at fsufishing@gmail.com. I don't have time to monitor the forums, but I'll be happy to draw some crayon pictures to explain it to you.

Oh, and as much as nobody likes a smartass, nobody likes someone who thinks their smart enough to call someone an ass.

Good luck. We’ll see you at the scale.
I say you find somewhere else to advertise your tournament. I know when my friends tried to post up an online tournament it got deleted, and he was nice about his post. This guy is not a good representative of the FSU fishing club, FSU, or even Tallahassee. :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown:
Tom Keels
Site Admin

Post by Tom Keels »

Judging by the numbering of your list, you must be a grad student at the College of Communications.

I'd say if you can't answer a few simple questions nicely, don't come here anymore. I gave you the benefit of the doubt on advertising the tournaments, but now I won't anymore. We have very reasonable advertising rates.
Tom Keels
Site Founder