Charts (Ochlockonee Bay)

This area is for general discussions about fishing, rigging, baits, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

rgharris83

Post by rgharris83 »

PART I
I'm trying to find the most detailed chart(s) of Ocholockonee Bay. ANY IDEAS?

PART II
I'm looking for suggestions for weedless top water lures to use in a small private pond? Or any suggestions?

PART III
Thoughts on using the Spider Line - Saltwater Fusion threaded line? I switched to using this as a leader and I couldn't get a bite in my good holes. I went two weeks ago and was using regular MONO and caught 60 trout......
dewyafish

Post by dewyafish »

Answer to part II

1st choice would be a buzz-bait unless you have matted grass on the top.

2nd choice would be soft plastic jerkbaiti.e. sluggo, bass assasin, or trick worm rigged on a 4/0 or 5/0 wide gap hook my prfferenc is gamagatsu or owner.

3rd choice Scum frog or rat. They also make these baits that chug or pop. The only problem with these baits is the tendancy to jerk the bait from the fish on the strike. The best way I've found to fish these baits is to not really pay attention and set the hook only when you feel the fish.

4th chioice is a weedless spoon skimmed over top of grass and pads. I prefer a short plastic grub or pork chunk to reduce short strikes. Line twist can be a problem so I sometimes use a swivel about 18" above the spoon.

Good Luck
It's a small world, unless you had to paint it.
rgharris83

Post by rgharris83 »

Thanks a bunch. I haven't been on fresh water in long time. I usually stay pretty busy with the salt waters (grouper, trout, red).
dewyafish

Post by dewyafish »

rg,

This time of year you may want to try a plastic lizard texas rigged with a 2/0 and 1/8oz bullet weight. Bass are in pre-spawn and you can really catch the big ones with a slow presentation and some patience.

I recomend catch and release this time of year especially on spawning females.
It's a small world, unless you had to paint it.
rgharris83

Post by rgharris83 »

Thanks again! I never keep my bass, I just love spending time on the water trying to find that fat daddy.