Panacea Boat Ramp Closed

All things having to do with boats, trailers, engines, electronics and accessories.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

Dubble Trubble
Site Sponsor

Panacea Boat Ramp Closed

Post by Dubble Trubble »

http://www.wctv.tv/home/headlines/42290042.html

Crawfordville, Florida – Please pardon the interruption of the closing of Rock Landing boat ramp in Panacea beginning April 1, 2009 until July 31, 2009. However, we are excited about the highly anticipated installation of a new boat ramp and commercial fishing pier becoming available to the public in the very near future. Construction is underway and the new facility will consist of a new, modern dock and boat ramp as well as a new landscaped parking area. This closing is required due to this area becoming a construction site in preparation for the new and improved county facility, which is being funded by the Florida Wildlife Conservation Commission.

For your convenience, the following alternative public boat launches are available for access located in Wakulla County:

o Mashes Sands-Located at the intersection of Highway 98 & Ochlocknee Bay Bridge on Mashes Sands Road, Mashes Sands Beach includes a pier & a boat ramp.

o St. Marks- Old Fort Road Boat Ramp located in the heart of St. Marks.

o Levy Bay Road, Panacea-A local launch for smaller vessels is located at the end of Levy Bay Road.

Note: There will be a temporary docking facility in place for the “Rock the Dock Fishing Tournament” event scheduled for May 29, 2009 through May 31, 2009. Additional details will be forthcoming regarding this local event.

We appreciate your patience in this process and will provide additional information at www.mywakulla.com as we move forward in the completion of this project. For additional information related to this story, please contact Jessica Welch, Policy & Public Information Coordinator at (850) 926-0919.

Dubble :thumbup:
The more I know about something, the more I know that I did not know as much as I thought I knew that I knew.
Reel Cowboy
Site Sponsor

Re: Panacea Boat Ramp Closed

Post by Reel Cowboy »

Finally.
I enjoyed the one time I fished Panacea but that ramped sucked.
In the words of the great Doc Holliday, "I'll be your huckleberry"
Jumptrout51
Site Sponsor

Post by Jumptrout51 »

Why would they do this in the Spring. Wouldn't Winter make more sense.
Our government mangement needs overhauling with people with 1/2 a brain.
The Wakulla site says it is a government stimulus plan. My estimate is many more thousands lost in the Spring/Summer boaters purchases vs the ramp re-vitalization.
This is nothing but a needed improvement to an existing ramp. The 3 months of wages will be appreciated by the local workers, but will not stimulate a damn thing.
WHOSE FISH IS IT?
wevans
Site Sponsor

Post by wevans »

Blame Jack Rutro "rudlow" and his cronies for the delay "damn bucha tree hugin nazis :evil:
“Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.”
bman

Post by bman »

Stoopid Stoopid Stoopid...
I ran down there the other day and they were blocking it all off :smt011

I hope this does not hurt Hookwrecks.
Barry Bevis, Realtor and Owner of BigBendFishing.net
I liked it so much, I bought the company ;-)

http://www.bevisrealty.com
TEAM "Duck Season!"
Reel Country
Site Sponsor

Post by Reel Country »

I put in at Bottoms on Saturday afternoon. Good ramp, not much parking.
FishWithChris

Post by FishWithChris »

We were down there this past weekend from the docks and saw many people drive up and have to turn around and leave. They had the drive-lift going though!

Three-fourths of the Earth's surface is water, and one-fourth is land. It is quite clear that the good Lord intended us to spend triple the amount of time fishing as taking care of the lawn. ~Chuck Clark

Image Image Image