Bass Not Biting?

Use this area to post freshwater fishing reports from the area lakes and rivers. Please try to include relevant information such as:
Location, date, time, water conditions, weather conditions, baits, techniques, species caught, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

Flanders
Site Sponsor

Bass Not Biting?

Post by Flanders »

Has anyone been able to catch any bass lately? I normally fare pretty good down at my pond behind the house however lately after all this rain I can get a bite? Just wondering how you all out their are doing with the bass fishing lately? And what they might be hitting? Spinner baits, trick worms, and fluke worms just aint cutting here lately. :smt017
I come from a small drinking community with a fishing problem
tin can
Site Sponsor

Re: Bass Not Biting?

Post by tin can »

I haven't been lately, but I would suspect, with the weather we've had, and what's coming, they're locked down on cover. You'll have to dig them out.
What was I supposed to do today?
FishWithChris

Re: Bass Not Biting?

Post by FishWithChris »

I go once a week or so to a few local ponds in town. I never fail with a 7" purple worm, either Tequila Sunrise or straight up purple jigging on the bottom via texas or carolina rigged w/ 1/4oz bullet. I've also had quite a few landed from a little white/chartreuse buzz bait (yeah, buzz bait) running medium retrieve with a few stop n' drops mixed in.
Three-fourths of the Earth's surface is water, and one-fourth is land. It is quite clear that the good Lord intended us to spend triple the amount of time fishing as taking care of the lawn. ~Chuck Clark

Image Image Image