Keaton Beach

Use this area to post inshore fishing reports from the area. Please try to include relevant information such as:
Location, date, time, water conditions, weather conditions, baits, techniques, species caught, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

Grouper King

Keaton Beach

Post by Grouper King »

went down friday and got a room at the hampton and had a nice dinner at mommas italian. Got up saturday and went to the boat ramp to find 1000 boats for the relay for life fishing tournament. Ran out to 4 or 5 feet and let my son catch some pinfish with his cast net. He only caught 2 :smt010 :smt011 :smt011. Ran to piney point and caught shorts and pinfish on gulps. Finally caught 2 keepers :D. Then ran out to 8 or 9 feet and let my son catch ladyfish,bluerunners, and pinfish with gulps. Got a question anyone ever seen a red porgy in about 8-10 feet my son was reelin his line in and said something was following it so i looked and it was one??? Ate at roys in stienhache and got a good night rest

Sunday got up and not so many boats :D :D. Ran to Spring warrior and caught shorts then started catching a keeper here and there. Ran to another spot and my son caught one on the first cast and it was a keeper. :-D luck i guess :lol:. After that we caught 4 more keepers. Headed in and got checked by the game warden everything A okay :thumbup: :thumbup:. made sure 1 of my sons school friends and his uncle and dad got in safely. motor quit on them then started back when we were talking. stopped and looked at boats at Bigbend Marine. then got burger king then headed home with 8 keeper trout.

Caught them on cajun thunder with gulp and gulps on the bottom. Everthing was caught between 5 to 13 feet.

Happy Fishing Grouper King :smt006 :smt006 :smt006 :smt006 :smt006!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
tin can
Site Sponsor

Re: Keaton Beach

Post by tin can »

Sounds like Sunday was the better day. Glad ya got out there.
What was I supposed to do today?
leesburgga

Post by leesburgga »

sounds like a good trip with your boy. we are looking at getting down there this saturday. thanks for the report.
birddog
Site Sponsor

Post by birddog »

Good weekend! :thumbup: :thumbup:
GULP! free since 1970.
whitebc
Site Sponsor

Post by whitebc »

:beer: :beer:
A gun in the hand is better than a cop on the telephone.
Flanders
Site Sponsor

Post by Flanders »

:thumbup:
I come from a small drinking community with a fishing problem
Reel Cowboy
Site Sponsor

Post by Reel Cowboy »

Not a bad sounding weekend.
In the words of the great Doc Holliday, "I'll be your huckleberry"
Jumptrout51
Site Sponsor

Post by Jumptrout51 »

1000 boats is tough to fish around. Good job Sunday.
WHOSE FISH IS IT?
Breambuster

Post by Breambuster »

Jumptrout51 wrote:1000 boats is tough to fish around. Good job Sunday.
Sounds like a successful trip.

Fishing on a tournament day, I've been there and now plan to stay off the water unless I'm fishing in the tournament. If you're fishing in less than 4-5 miles from the channel, you'll be like fishing right next to I75 when nearing the tournament check in time. :smt011