Keaton Beach Sunday 4/26/09

Use this area to post inshore fishing reports from the area. Please try to include relevant information such as:
Location, date, time, water conditions, weather conditions, baits, techniques, species caught, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

Hit-n-Miss

Keaton Beach Sunday 4/26/09

Post by Hit-n-Miss »

:-D Loanshark, Daniel, and I left boston at 5:00, stopped at Wilsons got ice and supplies and was headed out the canal before the sun peaked over the horizon. The offshore forecast had me worried that it was going to be rough. But it was not bad at all so we ran straight to Spring warrior. Started with topwater but got no love from the fish so we started trying other things. Right off the bat Loanshark hooks up with a BIG trout on a pinfish and it gets off about ten feet from the boat. :smt011 We hope this does not set the tone for the day and thankfully it did not. Daniel has been fishing with me since last summer and had not as of yet caught a keeper. He has caught about 100 14.999" trout. Today luck changed he caught a 15.25, a 16, and a 18" trout as well as a nice rock bass. Loanshark wound up with his limit with a 21" and a big blue. Sadly the boat captain only got a 16, a 18, and a short cobia. :smt010 10 trout in the box. We caught tons of just short trout and sea bass. The water was 68-70 degrees. Stained at Spring Warrior but cleared up around Addams. 5-7' was the best depth for today and anything with pink in it seemed to work. Great day on the water. I tried to hail members on 14 but nobody would answer. :smt012 On a side note it was funny while we idled away from the dock. These two guys that were there before us getting ready to back in. One says to the other "they got here after us and they are already headed out". :-D They had not even backed down yet.
DixieReb
Site Sponsor

Re: Keaton Beach Sunday 4/26/09

Post by DixieReb »

Good trip, gglad you found some clearer water and caught some. The water at Econfina looks terrible right now, black and foamy.
Yours in the South
tin can
Site Sponsor

Post by tin can »

Good outing.
What was I supposed to do today?
Dabbler

Post by Dabbler »

Thanks salute2
Hit-n-Miss

Post by Hit-n-Miss »

:-D Heading back this sunday. Anyone going to be there? :-D
Ron Wilson
Site Sponsor

Post by Ron Wilson »

Hit-n-Miss wrote::-D Heading back this sunday. Anyone going to be there? :-D
HnM.........I'll be there. Got stiches out from last outing and am hoping I can knock the FUNK off my last couple trips down and get into some fish............freezer is empty. :( Hoping to leave early Friday morning, fish mid-day Friday thru mid-day Sunday. If you have a VHF, give me a holler. I ain't got a cool Call Sign like Chalk, BirdDog, JumpTrout, TinCan, Eerman, and the others..............so holler for Ron Wilson and I'll answer up.
"Plan for the worst."
Hit-n-Miss

Post by Hit-n-Miss »

Ron Wilson wrote:
Hit-n-Miss wrote::-D Heading back this sunday. Anyone going to be there? :-D
HnM.........I'll be there. Got stiches out from last outing and am hoping I can knock the FUNK off my last couple trips down and get into some fish............freezer is empty. :( Hoping to leave early Friday morning, fish mid-day Friday thru mid-day Sunday. If you have a VHF, give me a holler. I ain't got a cool Call Sign like Chalk, BirdDog, JumpTrout, TinCan, Eerman, and the others..............so holler for Ron Wilson and I'll answer up.
Will do. I usually announce myself then ask if any members are around(ch 14). From what I'm hearing you would do best to head down to Spring Warrior/Rock Island area. I plan on heading that way but I am going to start fishing where ever the water color change is. Have them figured out for me before I get down. :wink:
Ron Wilson
Site Sponsor

Post by Ron Wilson »

:thumbup:
"Plan for the worst."
leesburgga

Post by leesburgga »

We plan to be down saturday. No cool call sign either -- will answer to Jeff
birddog
Site Sponsor

Post by birddog »

Ron Wilson wrote:. I ain't got a cool Call Sign like Chalk, BirdDog, JumpTrout, TinCan, Eerman, and the others..............so holler for Ron Wilson and I'll answer up.
Ron Wilson as a call sign ain't cool? :smt017
GULP! free since 1970.