Econfina 5-25

Use this area to post inshore fishing reports from the area. Please try to include relevant information such as:
Location, date, time, water conditions, weather conditions, baits, techniques, species caught, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

Welby
Site Sponsor

Econfina 5-25

Post by Welby »

DeeDee and I headed down to try and fool a few fish......On the water about 7:30AM, fished hard......threw everything I had in the box.....brought home 1 Red and 1 Black Bass......Tough day, and the trout just whipped us.....But nothing broke and we didn't hit anything on the way home :D . A good day !
Jumptrout51
Site Sponsor

Re: Econfina 5-25

Post by Jumptrout51 »

:thumbup: Hope to see ya'll at the June NFGFC tourney.
We need more boats to whip up on BB and CT.
WHOSE FISH IS IT?
whitebc
Site Sponsor

Post by whitebc »

beats work! :thumbup:
A gun in the hand is better than a cop on the telephone.
Reel Cowboy
Site Sponsor

Post by Reel Cowboy »

Welby wrote: we didn't hit anything on the way home :D . A good day !

That's the most important part.
In the words of the great Doc Holliday, "I'll be your huckleberry"
BAD BEHAVIOR
Site Sponsor

Post by BAD BEHAVIOR »

Dang son, I thought you had retired!!! Glad to see you got out. Hows DeeDee? Oh, and dont pay no mind to JT, he knows me and CT are the shizznit when it comes to Ecky! :-D
A wise person pays attention to correction that will improve his life...... Proverbs 15:31 ICB <")))))>*<

TEAM BAD BEHAVIOR
Welby
Site Sponsor

Post by Welby »

BAD BEHAVIOR wrote:Dang son, I thought you had retired!!! Glad to see you got out. Hows DeeDee? Oh, and dont pay no mind to JT, he knows me and CT are the shizznit when it comes to Ecky! :-D

Just Semi retired & trying to get back in the game. That BB & CT challenge sounds entertaining, I may have to breakout my Syrupmaker surprise......Goes by the initials JG.

By the way...........DeeDee's doing great. Thanks for asking !
Eerman
Site Sponsor

Post by Eerman »

Good deal Welby :thumbup:
"Why does Sea World have a seafood restaurant?? I'm halfway through my fish burger and I realize, Oh man....I could be eating a slow learner."
Dubble Trubble
Site Sponsor

Post by Dubble Trubble »

Way to try there Welby. Sometimes (like our last) the trout just sit there looking up at ya.

I will be glad when Mrs. Dubble is well enough we can get back out there.

Its been a long, hard road since last October, but you and DeeDee know what that is like.

Dubble :thumbup:
The more I know about something, the more I know that I did not know as much as I thought I knew that I knew.
Bow'd Up

Post by Bow'd Up »

Glad you got out there Mark...you'll get'em next time :thumbup:
springcreekcanoes

Post by springcreekcanoes »

We were down there on Monday and limited out on trout and one flounder. Had a big red break me off on a mirror lure. I heard several people on the radio saying the bite was slow. We were down there from 10:30 -5:00 and had to work hard for the fish we caught. Most were around 16-18 with one about 22 inches. Great weather and made it home safe.
Welby
Site Sponsor

Post by Welby »

springcreekcanoes wrote:We were down there on Monday and limited out on trout and one flounder. Had a big red break me off on a mirror lure. I heard several people on the radio saying the bite was slow. We were down there from 10:30 -5:00 and had to work hard for the fish we caught. Most were around 16-18 with one about 22 inches. Great weather and made it home safe.
Sounds like ya'll had'em figured out....Maybe mine was just "ring rust" I'll keep trying.

congrats on a good day ! :thumbup: :thumbup:
Dubble Trubble wrote:Way to try there Welby. Sometimes (like our last) the trout just sit there looking up at ya.

I will be glad when Mrs. Dubble is well enough we can get back out there.

Its been a long, hard road since last October, but you and DeeDee know what that is like.

Dubble :thumbup:
I hope Mrs. can get back out there real soon.....It'll be good therapy for the both of you !!! Good Luck !
Hit-n-Miss

Post by Hit-n-Miss »

Welby wrote:DeeDee and I headed down to try and fool a few fish......On the water about 7:30AM, fished hard......threw everything I had in the box.....brought home 1 Red and 1 Black Bass......Tough day, and the trout just whipped us.....But nothing broke and we didn't hit anything on the way home :D . A good day !
Better than sitting at home. :-D
DixieReb
Site Sponsor

Post by DixieReb »

Sorry about that,Welby. They don't bite all the time, but you still did better than I did on my last trip out of 'ol Icky. Has the water cleared up at all there? It looked like tea 2 weeks ago.
Yours in the South
Welby
Site Sponsor

Post by Welby »

DixieReb wrote:Sorry about that,Welby. They don't bite all the time, but you still did better than I did on my last trip out of 'ol Icky. Has the water cleared up at all there? It looked like tea 2 weeks ago.
Looked dirty in close. In 2 to 3 feet, I could not see the bottom. out around 12' I could see different coloration. It still has a lot of clearing up to do..