Memorial Day

Use this area to post inshore fishing reports from the area. Please try to include relevant information such as:
Location, date, time, water conditions, weather conditions, baits, techniques, species caught, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

Snapperlr

Memorial Day

Post by Snapperlr »

This is my first acutal fishing post on this forum. We fished the CJ tournament out of Alligator Point this weekend. Most of our fishing was done east of the Lighthouse in very shallow water. We left Shields around 6:15 and as we expected we were greeted with a fairly steady SE breeze. The morning bite was a little slow although we did land several trout and one over the slot red on topwater :-D . After a brief stop on the west flats, mostly because of the 15MPH wind, we ran back to the east to fish the rise. The action was steady and we released numerous slot Reds. We ended the day with two Reds at 26.5" and 25.5", along with several nice trout. My wife Jen snapped a few pics and Macey decided she would jump in to the improve the picture. Can't wait to do it again.

Last edited by Snapperlr on May 26th, 2009, 11:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Steve Stinson
Site Sponsor

Re: Memorial Day

Post by Steve Stinson »

Welcome to the forum and Nice Catch!

Steve Stinson
Reel Addiction
Site Sponsor

Post by Reel Addiction »

Nice Fat Reds!!!!! The trout looks like bait next to them. I bet they ate good!!! Welcome!
Eerman
Site Sponsor

Post by Eerman »

and you missed a birthday party for that? :wink:
"Why does Sea World have a seafood restaurant?? I'm halfway through my fish burger and I realize, Oh man....I could be eating a slow learner."
Snapperlr

Post by Snapperlr »

Rick, unfortunate timing but you know how it is when the office is counting on you to make a good showing in a tournament.