Keaton Scallops

Use this area to post inshore fishing reports from the area. Please try to include relevant information such as:
Location, date, time, water conditions, weather conditions, baits, techniques, species caught, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

Hammer

Keaton Scallops

Post by Hammer »

After good info from a few friends, decided to go a few more miles down to Keaton. Wife said she would go if we stopped by the Broken Egg on the way throught Tally. After stuffing down pancakes and fancy omelets we finally got on the way around 8am. It was grand central when we got to Keaton. There was at least 300 boats and trailers around there. Headed out with a stiff SE wind and after checking out the crowd we decided to head north. I hit the water and immediately found scallops sometimes 5 at a time. In a couple hours we were limited out and cleaning the nasty rascals. Looked down to the SE and there was a squall line headed our way. We have to go before the stampede and about that time there was 200 boats headed in. Even though it was tough getting out the crowd was very nice :-D unlike the crowd around other ramps. :cry: All in all it was a great day but we were only there a couple hours and headed back to Ga. :thumbup:
DixieReb
Site Sponsor

Re: Keaton Scallops

Post by DixieReb »

:thumbup: :thumbup: WTG, Hammer. Keaton has always been a good place to put in, we like it there. Sounds like I need ta try the scallops there! :smt004
Yours in the South
Perch Jerker
Site Sponsor

Re: Keaton Scallops

Post by Perch Jerker »

Thanks for the report. I'll have the crew at Keaton in a couple of weeks..