Kayak Cart

All things dealing with kayaks and kayak fishing.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

red_yakker
Site Sponsor

Kayak Cart

Post by red_yakker »

Ok, so I finaly got around to taking the pictures of my kayak cart. I had to build it this way because my scupper holes aren't the same diameter the whole way through, so the PVC couldn't slide all the way through. I thought my wheels would be too narrow, but the few times I've used it, it's worked fine, even when the tide was dead low and I had to pull it a hundred yards through the mud. I guess I can change them if I see that I need to.

The drawback to this design is that I have to ratchet strap it to the kayak, which can be difficult sometimes. Because of they shape of the kayak, when you pull it forwards, the strap slides back and loosens. I countered this by putting the front strap in front of a cleat and really ratcheting the strap down tight.

The PVC is 1/2 inch diameter schedule 40. The hardware (except for the axle) is all stainless. The bunks are cut from a pool noodle, and held on with zip ties.
S4020077.JPG
S4020077.JPG (1.64 MiB) Viewed 1979 times
Attachments
S4020082.JPG
S4020082.JPG (889.13 KiB) Viewed 1979 times
S4020084.JPG
S4020084.JPG (933.33 KiB) Viewed 1979 times
The gods do not deduct from man's allotted span the hours spent in fishing. ~Babylonian Proverb
cmccord
Site Sponsor

Re: Kayak Cart

Post by cmccord »

Nice design. Simple, affordable and efficient. :thumbup:
"You cannot change the wind, you can only adjust your sails." Del Suggs