Camper Full of Pepper Spray

This section is for our members to talk about things not actually about fishing or boating. However, please read the Code of Conduct before posting.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

Ron Wilson
Site Sponsor

Camper Full of Pepper Spray

Post by Ron Wilson »

Anyone have any experience cleaning out an enclosed area (camper) that's had pepper spray released in it?

Received a call from the Taylor County Sherriff's Dept last Sunday morning (0800 or so) informing me they were searching for a missing child and a burglary suspect. Asked if they had permission to enter the camper.....my reply......"you do what you have to do if you are looking for a child." Received a call Sunday evening informing me they tossed two canisters of pepper spray in my camper (through an open window), but did not enter the camper. Felt if anyone was conscious they would have been out the front door. Then they provided some info on the missing child, which was actually a 15-year old boy who was accompanying the older burglary suspect. Drove down Monday to look at the camper and spent about 30-60 seconds in the camper when my eyes and nose started burning. Left the camper and locked it back up. No sign of damage (with the exception of the pepper spray now resident inside) and/or entry attempt to the camper. Hoping the Taylor County is going to pay for the clean up of the camper.................
"Plan for the worst."
Nathan
Site Sponsor

Re: Camper Full of Pepper Spray

Post by Nathan »

Only way is with conventional cleaning techniques(wet rag). Wait for the pepper to settle to the ground. As you move in the camper it will stir it up though. It will burn for a little while, but won't physically hurt you.

Nathan
GAJOEY
Site Sponsor

Post by GAJOEY »

Ron Wilson wrote: Hoping the Taylor County is going to pay for the clean up of the camper.................
That would be the right thing to do
Watch out for the one who brings a spoon to a knife fight..he is either really stupid or really good with a spoon. <')))><
Reel Cowboy
Site Sponsor

Post by Reel Cowboy »

[quote="Ron Wilson" Hoping the Taylor County is going to pay for the clean up of the camper.................[/quote]

Let me know how that works out for you.
In the words of the great Doc Holliday, "I'll be your huckleberry"
Jumptrout51
Site Sponsor

Post by Jumptrout51 »

..my reply......"you do what you have to do if you are looking for a child." = no help from them

Received a call from the Taylor County Sherriff's Dept last Sunday morning (0800 or so) informing me they were searching for a missing child= help from them for misrepresenting their mission. Unless this is how TCSO searches for all missing children.
WHOSE FISH IS IT?
Ron Wilson
Site Sponsor

Post by Ron Wilson »

JT. I'm with ya. What I didn't post was several questions I wanted to ask the TCSO is:

- Why didn't you tell me in the morning the "missing child" was a 15-year old male that might be suspected of accompanying the older (relative) burglary suspect?
- Why would you drop two cans of pepper spray in a camper, then not enter to ensure if a "missing child" was not inside..........................possiblly incapacitated?

Whole thing has me scratching my head.

BTW: forgot to mention they caught BOTH suspects (35 year old and 15 year old)
"Plan for the worst."
Barhopr
Site Sponsor

Post by Barhopr »

I bet the phone call caame to you after the pepper spray had already been put in the place. CYA and all.
VIVA la BT

Image_______________Image
Ron Wilson
Site Sponsor

Post by Ron Wilson »

Barhopr wrote:I bet the phone call caame to you after the pepper spray had already been put in the place. CYA and all.
Good point. :o
"Plan for the worst."
Jumptrout51
Site Sponsor

Post by Jumptrout51 »

The real question is????? Why are you harboring criminals??
WHOSE FISH IS IT?
Reel Cowboy
Site Sponsor

Post by Reel Cowboy »

Jumptrout51 wrote:The real question is????? Why are you harboring criminals??
They weren't criminals, they were the work force.
In the words of the great Doc Holliday, "I'll be your huckleberry"
CrispyFishin

Post by CrispyFishin »

Gotta figure out if they used CS gas or pepper spray. You can wash walls and mop floors with mild salt water. Any furniture probably got saturated and might need to be professionally cleaned. Hopefully if you have A/C in there, it wasn't running. You can prolly help alot by opening doors and windows for awhile.
Work 'em silly Gators!!
What a mess

Post by What a mess »

Particles not a gas at all. Powder is everywhere. Clean it like you would if it was flour or sugar. You will never get it all. No one should be in there that has asthma or other COPD or breathing issues. You will never get it all it is on and in everything ware protection while cleaning mask, gloves, eye protection.
Yesterday it was taboo today it is normal what the heck will they be doing tomorrow?
Chalk

Post by Chalk »

What's a little burn and pain to a Marine? Go clean your trailer and quit whining - devil dawg :smt043
Ron Wilson
Site Sponsor

Post by Ron Wilson »

Jumptrout51 wrote:The real question is????? Why are you harboring criminals??

Figured they had the means by which to produce rent. :D
"Plan for the worst."
Ron Wilson
Site Sponsor

Post by Ron Wilson »

Chalk wrote:What's a little burn and pain to a Marine? Go clean your trailer and quit whining - devil dawg :smt043
:smt005 :smt005
"Plan for the worst."