Honeymoon Island State Park - fish and flesh

Use this area to post inshore fishing reports from the area. Please try to include relevant information such as:
Location, date, time, water conditions, weather conditions, baits, techniques, species caught, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

Chalk

Honeymoon Island State Park - fish and flesh

Post by Chalk »

Got up early, well kinda and headed off in search of the beach snook. First spot was the Honeymoon Island State Park. Had sun and wind to my back...water was clear and there was bait....but only saw four fish....Had the biggest one in my sights for a long time...the stalk was on....slowly quartering up behind the beast with the sun on my back....I was in range and I sent Capt. Caveman down to investigate. Perfect cast....nothing....another good cast.....nothing....maybe that is his tail...other end - perfect cast...nothing....another....nothing again. When either end won't eat - I always go with the " you take this you vegan bastard" cast and beam the fish. I did and he left at Mach 1 :-D .

I walked to the end of the island....measured on mapsource was 2.5 miles :o . The turn to go back is where the trip got interesting....or maybe scary. I turn around and look up and see this tan body stretched out in front of me...thought to myself where did that person come from? I keep looking and the person seems naked....that is a butt crack I see - WTF? For a moment I thought it was a girl and I was like hmmmm :smt077 Then the head turns and it sees me and its a dude :smt009 ....He lays over and pulls his shorts up :o I had already walked way farther than my barefeet could stand - well have you ever seen a barefoot boy from Panama City cover 2.5 miles in a hurry :smt005

On the high paced journey back to the truck I run across another freak....he was backed up in the Mangrove bushes in a chair watching folks in a banana hammock :o ....I found another gear and was getting the hell outta this place.

I was some kinda tired after walking the wiener gauntlet - I decided to call it a day.

On the way back to the motel...was going a new route - a block from my motel is the Yuengling Factory 8) So, I look on line and the gift shop is open until 4:00...I jump in the shower and get there at 3:00 and the sign says we close at 3:00 :smt011

Helluva day...was an adventure..maybe more like a nightmare...but I did get to stalk one good snook, that was awesome. Think I will go further south next time for some beach snook.
Flanders
Site Sponsor

Re: Honeymoon Island State Park - fish and flesh

Post by Flanders »

:smt005 :smt005 :smt005
I come from a small drinking community with a fishing problem
bman

Post by bman »

:smt043
Barry Bevis, Realtor and Owner of BigBendFishing.net
I liked it so much, I bought the company ;-)

http://www.bevisrealty.com
TEAM "Duck Season!"
whitebc
Site Sponsor

Post by whitebc »

:lol: :lol:
A gun in the hand is better than a cop on the telephone.
birddog
Site Sponsor

Post by birddog »

Dayum! :smt005
GULP! free since 1970.
Dubble Trubble
Site Sponsor

Post by Dubble Trubble »

I assume this is NOT what you saw huh? :-D

Dubble :thumbup:
The more I know about something, the more I know that I did not know as much as I thought I knew that I knew.
GatorBaiter

Post by GatorBaiter »

Sounds like ya couldn't get a shot at the snookie with all the trouser trout circling the area!!!!! :smt005 :smt005 :smt005
"People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance." Cicero - 55 BC
Boy...we sure have come a long way since then!
Barhopr
Site Sponsor

Post by Barhopr »

Central Florida sucks!
VIVA la BT

Image_______________Image
Reel Navy
Site Sponsor

Post by Reel Navy »

:smt043 :smt042 I don't think there were any hammocks involved Dubble :smt042 :smt043
Dear Lord, please let me be the kind of person my dog thought I was .....
Eerman
Site Sponsor

Post by Eerman »

"I was some kinda tired after walking the wiener gauntlet"...officially added to the "things you'd never thought you'd hear" list. :smt005
"Why does Sea World have a seafood restaurant?? I'm halfway through my fish burger and I realize, Oh man....I could be eating a slow learner."
Dubble Trubble
Site Sponsor

Post by Dubble Trubble »

Now Chalk is gonna be lookin back at old threads...... :smt005

http://www.bigbendfishing.net/phpBB3/vi ... =5&t=22453

The more I know about something, the more I know that I did not know as much as I thought I knew that I knew.
RHTFISH
Site Sponsor

Post by RHTFISH »

"I was some kinda tired after walking the wiener gauntlet - I decided to call it a day." :o

That just ain't right....NO WAY! :smt005
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.
Flanders
Site Sponsor

Post by Flanders »

Dubble Trubble wrote:Now Chalk is gonna be lookin back at old threads...... :smt005

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=22453

Why must you remind us of that thread??? :smt011 :smt009
I come from a small drinking community with a fishing problem
DixieReb
Site Sponsor

Post by DixieReb »

:smt005 :smt005 Sorry, that story is just funny, I don't care WHO you are!!Good luck with chasing the beach snook, maybe the locals will leave you alone long enough to catch one! :o
Yours in the South
sundown
Site Sponsor

Post by sundown »

I went down to Honeymoon Is last Nov wade fishing...fortunately didn't see nothing like you did but didn't see any snook either...did catch a bunch of blue runners and other small jacks on my flyrod..Seems cold water had put the snook in the canals so the locals said.