Florida Keys Trip Report

Use this area to post inshore fishing reports from the area. Please try to include relevant information such as:
Location, date, time, water conditions, weather conditions, baits, techniques, species caught, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

volguy

Florida Keys Trip Report

Post by volguy »

Not a panhandle report, but thought you guys/gals might enjoy.

I made my first trip to the keys when I was 11 or 12. I have been in love with it every since. However, it has always been a dream to go down and take my own boat. I finally made it a reality and just got back from almost two weeks of one of the best trips I have ever been on. Had great company down with me and just had an absolutely great time. Caught a few keeper lobsters and TONS of shorts, lots of snapper, a few bonefish, a few tarpon and lots of sun. It was the best weather I have had in the salt for 2 years. Although very hot this time of year, very nice on the water and we never got wet one single time and spent 10-12 hours per day on the water. The best thing was we made it from Watkinsville to Islamorada in 11 hours and 30 minutes pulling the boat and didn't have any trailer issues which was a first in quite a few trips. I hope you guys/gals love sunsets cause I am posting a bunch of them since we went out from Little Torch everyday in the boat (except for two which we spent watching it in Key West). I will let the pics do the rest of the talking.

It's all about the water in the keys and the bonefish that swim around in it. We were looking for some bones here.

caught lots of bonnetheads which was ok b/c my group enjoyed catching them.

fresh lobsta every night for dinner

and some chumming to get the snapper to go with the lobsta

tarpon and baracuda lover Zoom Flukes :D :D

some great fun in Key West on two of our nights

AND THEN THERE WERE THOSE SUNSETS.

Keywest

and on the boat

and the best of all....good friend and beautiful sunsets

A great trip and I can't wait to get down there again.
Reel Cowboy
Site Sponsor

Re: Florida Keys Trip Report

Post by Reel Cowboy »

Great pics. Makes me wanna go even more now.
In the words of the great Doc Holliday, "I'll be your huckleberry"
TroutTrent

Post by TroutTrent »

Man with a trip like that it's got to be all up hill now :thumbup: :thumbup: :beer:
RHTFISH
Site Sponsor

Post by RHTFISH »

Great report....LOVE the pics! Little different than Anky?
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.
Sir reel
Site Sponsor

Post by Sir reel »

Thanks for the report voguy. We always welcome reports from out of the local area. The water and life style in the keys will definately get to you and make ya want to go shop'n for a permanent place to stay. :D :thumbup:
"Good Judgement" comes from experience, ... and a lot of that..... results from "Bad Judgement".
volguy

Post by volguy »

yep RHT, it is a little different. but the thing about anky is when i need fish for the freezer, i always go back to my roots.
:-D :-D heheheheheh sir reel, you are dead on. we are already looking at places down there. i just love it down there and that lifestyle. so laid back and always something to do on the water.
Flanders
Site Sponsor

Post by Flanders »

:thumbup: :thumbup: Awesome Report!!!
I come from a small drinking community with a fishing problem
FUTCHCAIRO

Post by FUTCHCAIRO »

IF YOU ARE REALLY INTERESTED, HAVE A PLACE ON THE INTERCOASTAL NEAR JUPITER INLET I AM READY TO SELL, NEVER GET DOWN THERE ANYMORE. I BELIEVE I COULD LET IT GO FOR AROUND $375,000.00, 3 B/R 2 1/2BATH, 2,600 SQ.FT, NEW ROOF.
PA THE OLD MAN :smt010 :smt010
FUTCHCAIRO
cmccord
Site Sponsor

Post by cmccord »

Sounds like a wonderful trip. I'm jealous just reading the pictures. Definitely a little higher on my list now. Thanks for sharing. :thumbup: :thumbup:

PA, what don't you have for sale?
"You cannot change the wind, you can only adjust your sails." Del Suggs
fishinfool
Site Sponsor

Post by fishinfool »

Makes me want to get back to the Keys, even if it is on someone else's boat. Inshore, offshore or even just wading, the fishing and the sunsets can not be beat. Thanks for the pics.
FF
big bend gyrene

Post by big bend gyrene »

volguy wrote:Just got back from almost two weeks of one of the best trips I have ever been on.... spent 10-12 hours per day on the water...
As if the pictures weren't enough to make me envious :smt010

Joking aside DO appreciate the sharing and passing along the fever :thumbup: Now if only I can get 4 hours on the water, I'll be happy :wink:
"The Marines I have seen around the world have the cleanest bodies, the filthiest minds, the highest morale, and the lowest morals of any group of animals I have ever seen. Thank GOD for the United States Marine Corps." Eleanor Roosevelt, 1945
Barhopr
Site Sponsor

Post by Barhopr »

Thanks for taking me back to the Keys Vol. It's been 3 years now since my last trip. I may need to get down there in the spring.
VIVA la BT

Image_______________Image
Dubble Trubble
Site Sponsor

Post by Dubble Trubble »

Them was some nice Bugs..... :lick:

I love the keys...

Dubble :thumbup:
The more I know about something, the more I know that I did not know as much as I thought I knew that I knew.
KLONG
Site Sponsor

Post by KLONG »

Thanks for sharing. Makes me miss the Keys, I used to go every year. Been two years since I've been.
hmaadd29

Post by hmaadd29 »

Nice report. You made it from Athens to Islamarada in 11.5 hrs pullin a boat.

Did you go 95 or 75? I live in Sandersville didn't think it could be done that quick.