St Marks 10/18

Use this area to post inshore fishing reports from the area. Please try to include relevant information such as:
Location, date, time, water conditions, weather conditions, baits, techniques, species caught, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

tin can
Site Sponsor

St Marks 10/18

Post by tin can »

After moving my daughter I hooked the old Tin Can up and headed south. I launched at the lighthouse about 1:30 and headed east. The first stop was around black rock. The wind was out of the NNE at about 10 mph. I made several drifts, starting in the black rock area , and worked my way west. The water temp was 73 degrees, the bottom was visible in 2' of water, and low tide was at 3:09. There is still a dark stain to the water. The last drift was south of Stony Bayou. I fished until 6:00. Final tally - 6 trout, 5 of which were keepers, and 1 rock bass. All were caught in 3' to 4' of water on a jig and grub fished slowly on the bottom. I couldn't get them to touch a cajun thunder rig. Even though the numbers werent great, I did not catch a catfish. Maybe the catfish have moved on, I hope. There were nice fluffy clouds, the breeze was cool, and I had a wonderful afternoon just being out there.
What was I supposed to do today?
Ken K
Site Sponsor

Post by Ken K »

Chartruese? :D
Ken
Cranfield
Site Sponsor

Post by Cranfield »

Sounds like a relaxing session TC. :thumbup:

"nice fluffy clouds", you sure you ain,t jumped the gun and got one of them Frog Togg suits already ? :D :D :D
wevans
Site Sponsor

Post by wevans »

"nice fluffy clouds", you sure you ain,t jumped the gun and got one of them Frog Togg suits already ?
Yes, he does already have one Cran :o
The onle Trout I cought today was a 20"er fishing along the bottom with just a jighead with FishBites hooked on it 8)
“Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.”
Cranfield
Site Sponsor

Post by Cranfield »

wevans, if you had used something sensible, instead of those fishbites, you might have caught some fish. :D :D

Doesn,t always pay to rely on juju. :lol:
wevans
Site Sponsor

Post by wevans »

Cran, I tried shrimp jigs, topwater, Cajun Thunder...... :D in other words, I was desprete and throwed a little of everything at them :lol:
“Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.”
tin can
Site Sponsor

Post by tin can »

Ken, Yes.
dstockwell

Post by dstockwell »

Ken I believe that is the only color TC uses. :o At least you got a break from the new boss. Wevans you should have tried a DOA... :o :-?
wevans
Site Sponsor

Post by wevans »

Never even tried one Don :o
TC, in reading back over this, I apoligize for running on :oops: without ever saying GREAT WAY TA END THE DAY :thumbup: :thumbup:
CSMarine
Site Sponsor

Post by CSMarine »

TC, that's what your supposed to be doing every day. :thumbup: Not all that dang work related stuff. Your making us dread retireing, if ya got to work so hard like you do. :wink:
Semper Fi
tin can
Site Sponsor

Post by tin can »

CS, I need to find me another Gubment job, so's I can go bact ta fishin. :o
CSMarine
Site Sponsor

Post by CSMarine »

Hush now TC. We don't want everybody to rush to get a "Gubment job." :-? Then they wouldn't be nobody to work, everybody would be on annual leave (or use or lose sick leave) fishing. :wink:
Semper Fi
tin can
Site Sponsor

Post by tin can »

CS, you're corect. When I worked for the Gubment I had plenty of time to take off and fish. Now that I'm self employed (no longer retired) there is no personal leave, no sick leave, no pain holidays, and no weekends. :o
CSMarine
Site Sponsor

Post by CSMarine »

My Lord TC :o :o Your scaring the fire out of me! Didn't realize all that. Figure I'll just try it anyway in about 4-5 more years. :wink:
Semper Fi
EddieJoe

Post by EddieJoe »

Hope you are kidding. Assuming you have enough $ to live (fish), I would think every day is a weekend.
:lol:

EJ