Econfina 11/14 & 11/15

Use this area to post inshore fishing reports from the area. Please try to include relevant information such as:
Location, date, time, water conditions, weather conditions, baits, techniques, species caught, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

dawghouse1

Econfina 11/14 & 11/15

Post by dawghouse1 »

Finally got back on the water Saturday with my son and a friend from T-ville. Put in around 10:30 and headed to some shallow grass to fish our way in. We had nada when we reached the grass line but then managed to put 17 reds in the boat in the next 2 hours. All but 3 of these were in the slot with the biggest at 25". With our 3 reds in the box we decided to look elsewhere for some trout since we hadn't caught one. We went up a creek, to 2', to 4', and a couple 6-7' holes but only managed 2 keepers at 16". No trout to speak of but the reds made up for it.

Sitting on the deerstand Sunday morning I couldn't stop thinking about those reds so I came home and talked my wife into a family fishing day. Put in about 12 and it was the same as Saturday with the fish right on the grass. I played guide letting them do all the fishing and they mananged 12 or 13 in the boat of which 7 were in the slot. My son who is 6 caught his first unassisted red a month or so ago. He now thinks he is a master after putting a 22",25", and an overslot 28" in the boat back to back to back. I did hook a couple for my daughter who is 7 but i didn't reel in a fish all day. The most enjoyable day fishing I can remember. Here are some pics from Sunday(dead batteries on Sat.)
"There are three kinds of men. The one that learns by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves."---Will Rogers
RHTFISH
Site Sponsor

Re: Econfina 11/14 & 11/15

Post by RHTFISH »

Great report and pics! As good as it gets for sure!!!!!!!!
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.
Sir reel
Site Sponsor

Post by Sir reel »

Out standing job of fishing, catch'n, and report'n :thumbup: :D Thanks.
"Good Judgement" comes from experience, ... and a lot of that..... results from "Bad Judgement".
Reel Cowboy
Site Sponsor

Post by Reel Cowboy »

Ain't nothing wrong qith those 2 days.
In the words of the great Doc Holliday, "I'll be your huckleberry"
big bend gyrene

Post by big bend gyrene »

Darn, dawghouse1, there you go making me wish I hadn't opted for short groupers :smt010...

That said, SUPER happy you and the family had a great Econfina day! :-D :thumbup: :beer:
"The Marines I have seen around the world have the cleanest bodies, the filthiest minds, the highest morale, and the lowest morals of any group of animals I have ever seen. Thank GOD for the United States Marine Corps." Eleanor Roosevelt, 1945
Ranaman

Post by Ranaman »

That is Awesome!!
redhunter79

Post by redhunter79 »

Dawghouse1, if you don't mind sharin'.....How far from the boat ramp (Ecofina boat ramp that is) did you go & what were you using for bait?
Flanders
Site Sponsor

Post by Flanders »

:thumbup: :thumbup:
I come from a small drinking community with a fishing problem
Bow'd Up

Post by Bow'd Up »

Very nice :thumbup: :thumbup:
dawghouse1

Post by dawghouse1 »

redhunter-almost everything was caught on jigs on the bottom, to much grass to fish anything else
"There are three kinds of men. The one that learns by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves."---Will Rogers
skeeter-eater

Post by skeeter-eater »

i bet your kids begged you to do it again........
Reel Navy
Site Sponsor

Post by Reel Navy »

:thumbup: :thumbup:
Dear Lord, please let me be the kind of person my dog thought I was .....