25 Hp Johnson

All things having to do with boats, trailers, engines, electronics and accessories.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

Ray Pierce

25 Hp Johnson

Post by Ray Pierce »

I have a 25 Hp Johnson on a Bass Tracker. When the ignition engages the starter, the piece that moves up vertically to turn the fly wheel stays up just momentarily. :cry: All other parts seem to work fine. Anybody know why this thing won't stay engaged? :D What a great week end coming up!
wevans
Site Sponsor

Post by wevans »

It could be several things, the first I would try is putting some grease on the shaft it rides on, the next would be to check all connections for tightnes and clean the, the other would be that the Bendix has gone bad, in which case, I would take it to Jerry's Auto Electric and have him rebuild it :D
“Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.”
Sea Biscuit

Post by Sea Biscuit »

I agree. I also have a 25 Johnson. The engager would get stuck at the top level. I just put marine grease around the stem that pops up and worked it in pretty good. Fixed it right up! :lol: