Prescription SunGlasses

This section is for our members to talk about things not actually about fishing or boating. However, please read the Code of Conduct before posting.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

Ron Wilson
Site Sponsor

Prescription SunGlasses

Post by Ron Wilson »

Just finished my tri-annual eye exam (I know, suppose to do this annually). Got a slight adjustment to my prescription. Was thinking about getting a pair of prescription sunglasses (Costa's preferred, but would consider RayBan, Maui Jim, etc). I about fell over when I got the quote on a pair of Costa prescription lenses ($379 for a set of plastic lenses, and over $400 for a set of glass lenses....lenses only...no frames). Is that what one should expect to pay for prescription sunglass lenses, and if not, any input on where to get a good price on a pair of prescription glasses?

Thanks in advance.
"Plan for the worst."
Flint River Pirate
Site Sponsor

Re: Prescription SunGlasses

Post by Flint River Pirate »

Ron, did you try Sam's in Albany? I was over there today and there were piles of folks getting prescriptions filled.
Team Jolly Mon
Ron Wilson
Site Sponsor

Post by Ron Wilson »

FRP,
No Sir. Don't go to Sam's much (once in every two years). Didn't know they provided prescriptions for Costa's, Maui's, etc...
"Plan for the worst."
GAJOEY
Site Sponsor

Post by GAJOEY »

I have $675 in my rx sunglasses ..polarized polycarbonate scratch resistant every coating you can get .I have them in a pair of nike frames .so your dr is in the ball park .My sunglasses were $300 more than my regular glasses. but I did buy the best lenses I could get .My eyes don't like the sun ...call regional eyecare in Leesburg see if they can help. they are good folks .
Watch out for the one who brings a spoon to a knife fight..he is either really stupid or really good with a spoon. <')))><
Ron Wilson
Site Sponsor

Post by Ron Wilson »

Thanks FRP/GaJoey. :thumbup: :thumbup:
"Plan for the worst."
FUTCHCAIRO

Post by FUTCHCAIRO »

JUST TAKE A SHORT TRIP OVER TO BAKER COUNTY, MCCLENNY ,FLA. TO MY DAUGHTERS OFFICE, BAKER EYE CLINIC, SHE WILL FIX YOU UP WITH COSTA PRESCRIPTION FOR A LOT LESS THAN WHAT YOU QUOATED. TELL MARY THE OLD MAN SENT YOU.
PA THE OLD MAN :thumbup: :thumbup: :smt006 salute2
FUTCHCAIRO
FUTCHCAIRO

Post by FUTCHCAIRO »

HI MADE A SMALL ERROR, IT IS BAKER VISION CARE.COM . LOCATED ON ST.RD. 121 AND U.S.90 . LOG ON TO HER WEB SITE AND YOU CAN GET A PRICE BEFORE GOING OVER TO PICK THEM UP.
PA THE OLD MAN :smt006 salute2
FUTCHCAIRO
FUTCHCAIRO

Post by FUTCHCAIRO »

HEY RON, I GUESS I WILL GET IT RIGHT SOONER OR LATOR, MARY'S E-MAIL ADDRESS IS
BAKERVISIONCARE.NET, GET IN TOUCH WITH HER AND TELL MARY THAT HER DAD SENT YOU AND YOU WILL GET A GREAT PRICE ON PRESC. COSTA'S.
PA THE OLD MAN :smt006 salute2
FUTCHCAIRO
red_yakker
Site Sponsor

Post by red_yakker »

I have prescription Costas. Last time I got new lenses, they were like 90 bucks. But, then again, I'm due for my pentannual eye exam myself. The price may have changed in 5 years.
The gods do not deduct from man's allotted span the hours spent in fishing. ~Babylonian Proverb
wevans
Site Sponsor

Post by wevans »

I LOVE my Habor Vision glasses :smt007 don't have the prescription ones though :-D It don't cost nothin ta give em a looksee :smt004
http://www.habervision.com/sunglasses/rx.aspx
“Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.”
KYFRED

Post by KYFRED »

That looks right for what I paid for mine in the spring. Glasses are crazy expensive. They keep raising the prices to the point it is less costly to have lasix. Seems like they are running themselves out of business.
Ron Wilson
Site Sponsor

Post by Ron Wilson »

Thanks everyone.

Never heard of habervision glasses before, but I'll take a look at the site. Thanks WEVANS.

PA. I'll get on the site this evening and e-mail your daughter for a quote. Thanks again.
"Plan for the worst."
Tennessee

Post by Tennessee »

If you have a lenscrafters down that way they will often run a sell on frames, and give half off on lenses and frames. Could get a nice pair for around 200-300.
Ron Wilson
Site Sponsor

Post by Ron Wilson »

Thanks Tennessee. :thumbup:

Was wondering how the Vol's Head Coach and fans are taking the news of Urban Meyer's leave of absence?
"Plan for the worst."
MarkM

Post by MarkM »

I bought some here in Tall. a few years ago. On North Monroe next to Red Lobster. Buy one get one free. One shaded one regular. It was a lot less than 600.00. I've got some with bifocals too.