KyTrkyHntr brings good luck to the Ghostrider

Use this area to post inshore fishing reports from the area. Please try to include relevant information such as:
Location, date, time, water conditions, weather conditions, baits, techniques, species caught, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

Chalk

KyTrkyHntr brings good luck to the Ghostrider

Post by Chalk »

The day started around 0230 this morning with me not being able to sleep...tossing in turning hoping that the barometer, moon and fish would not make me look foolish for a first trip with KyTrkyHntr. KyTrkyHntr arrived at the house at first light and we struck out in search of gold. Faced with a bone chilling 40 degrees we headed out in search of something to tighten our lines and bring a smile to our face.

The super low water was no match for the HPX....slide the boat in the basin and motored out the channel and laid the wood to the old girl. Straightened the bow into the direction of the promise land and was greeted by exposed and dry land. Up on the wheel dicing and slicing through inches of water only thing that touched the bottom of the boat was water...another proud boat owner day.

The yamaha screamed across the flats and the captain screamed as well cause it was colder than polar bear balls....I stayed in the throttle until the pain from cold was unbearable. The boat came to rest and I climbed up on the platform with KyTrkyHntr on point. It did not take long before we saw the ever familiar sight of a dark silhouette sliding across the bottom. The day proceeded with shot after shot at a single red or a pod of 20 or more reds. The fish were moving and eating a little - we saw a tail or two break the waters surface. KyTrkyHntr was the first to strike gold, followed by myself....through the day we danced with the gold mistress of the flats. Finding that some would dance and others would break and run for the cover.

KyTrkyHntr is the "Buddha" of the boat, breaking the fish-less curse. KyTrkyHntr - had a great day on the water...your welcome on the Ghostrider any day - thanks for tagging along and listening to my banter.

The days tally was 10 or so reds and a few trout....soft plastics and spoons were on the menu

A few treasures from the day

silverking
Site Sponsor

Re: KyTrkyHntr brings good luck to the Ghostrider

Post by silverking »

Nice day boys. Glad you got the skunk out of the boat. I'm sure Tim was amped up, but it was probably his tackle that turned the tide. :wink:

Did you end up going east or staying closer to home?

I'm hoping to start the year off right Friday, ifn this dang wind will ever quit blowing.
KyTrkyHntr
Site Sponsor

Post by KyTrkyHntr »

Chalk - I had a blast!! Thanks for the letting me tag along!!! Appreciate it!

SK - It was the great equipment, but like you said.... I was amp'd up! So amp'd up after seeing those fish that I couldn't tell time ( 9, 12, 3, etc :-D ) or cast to fish worth a flip, but managed to snag a few!! :thumbup: :thumbup:
Catch & Release Fish!!!!....... Not Criminals!

Image Image
Pole_benda

Post by Pole_benda »

Chalk way to put Tim on the fish! By the way he called me up like a little giddy school girl bragging about the day he had with you on the boat. Yeah Tim does forget how to tell time, and when you try to point out a fish to him its like he goes blind the second before! Tim awesome job hooking em! I am truly jealous.
Chalk

Post by Chalk »

He did fine....sometimes I got confused and called 1:00 - 11:00...was a good day on the water. I just wish the weather would hold for another day, but I'll take the one day. Tim said we would hit your holes next time :smt005 :smt005
Pole_benda

Post by Pole_benda »

I have no holes that you dont already know about or found before I did. But even if I did have a area I dont think Tim's memory will help you get there. hahahaha Nice fish again you are the man!
sanblaslayer

Post by sanblaslayer »

A polar bear is a sufficient comparison, nice fish :thumbup:
Get your mind right
Ron Wilson
Site Sponsor

Post by Ron Wilson »

If Chalk worked half as hard trying to put KyTrkyHntr on the fish as he did for me a couple years ago, I know two things: 1) they had a great day on the water and 2) they were ready for a cold :beer: and some Ben Gay for their tired arms.

Nice report. Sounds like ya'll had a blast. :thumbup:
"Plan for the worst."
jsuber
Site Sponsor

Post by jsuber »

Nice day on the water.
whitebc
Site Sponsor

Post by whitebc »

:thumbup: :thumbup:
A gun in the hand is better than a cop on the telephone.
Flint River Pirate
Site Sponsor

Post by Flint River Pirate »

Sounds like fun! Thanks for the report and pictures.
Team Jolly Mon
Barhopr
Site Sponsor

Post by Barhopr »

Me likey the pix from the new camera! Good job guys!
VIVA la BT

Image_______________Image
roadtrip
Site Sponsor

Post by roadtrip »

nice report and pics!
KyTrkyHntr
Site Sponsor

Post by KyTrkyHntr »

Barhopr wrote:Me likey the pix from the new camera! Good job guys!
Thanks BH! That camera setup was da bomb! Even makes an ugly guy like me look good holding fish like that!!! :lol:
Catch & Release Fish!!!!....... Not Criminals!

Image Image