Does anyone know a reputable garage door opener installer?

This section is for our members to talk about things not actually about fishing or boating. However, please read the Code of Conduct before posting.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

Scoop Sea
Site Sponsor

Does anyone know a reputable garage door opener installer?

Post by Scoop Sea »

My grandmother's garage door opener has apparently given up after 20 years. In turn, she needs to have it replaced. Unfortunately, I have to head out of town (plus I am not mechanically inclined anyway). Do any of you guys know a reputable garage door installer in the Tallahassee area. She lives up in Killearn Lakes. In advance, thanks. Chris
"Be Careful Not To Confuse Motion With Progress."
Reel Addiction
Site Sponsor

Re: Does anyone know a reputable garage door opener installer?

Post by Reel Addiction »

I also live in Killearn Lakes and I have always used Capitol City Garage Door @ 850-942-2024. I have used them on several occasions and they have always provided me with good service without trying to sell me something I didn't need. Good Luck!
Eerman
Site Sponsor

Post by Eerman »

PM Tin Can
"Why does Sea World have a seafood restaurant?? I'm halfway through my fish burger and I realize, Oh man....I could be eating a slow learner."
Reel Cowboy
Site Sponsor

Post by Reel Cowboy »

Gte with Tin Can, he's gonna need a TALL ladder though.
In the words of the great Doc Holliday, "I'll be your huckleberry"
jsuber
Site Sponsor

Post by jsuber »

He's gonna need 16 feet of scaffold to get to your 8 ft garage door.
FUTCHCAIRO

Post by FUTCHCAIRO »

HEY SUBE, TC SHOULD BE ABLE TO HANDLE THAT WITHOUT TOO MUCH PROBLEM. I JUST INSTALLED A REPLACEMENT ON MY MAIN GARAGE DOOR, THEY HAVE JUST ABOUT DOUPLED IN COST TO WHAT THEY WERE 20 YRS. AGO. MINE WAS A AN 18' AND THIS LAST ONE, JUST FOR THE WORM , MOTOR, GUIDE, CONTROLS ETC. RAN $1,295 WITH ME DOING THE INSTALATION. THE MOTOR STILL WORKED ON THE OLD ONE BUT THE COMPUTER WAS ALL MESSED UP.
PA THE OLD MAN :smt006 salute2
FUTCHCAIRO
robbankston
Site Sponsor

Post by robbankston »

FUTCHCAIRO wrote:HEY SUBE, TC SHOULD BE ABLE TO HANDLE THAT WITHOUT TOO MUCH PROBLEM. I JUST INSTALLED A REPLACEMENT ON MY MAIN GARAGE DOOR, THEY HAVE JUST ABOUT DOUPLED IN COST TO WHAT THEY WERE 20 YRS. AGO. MINE WAS A AN 18' AND THIS LAST ONE, JUST FOR THE WORM , MOTOR, GUIDE, CONTROLS ETC. RAN $1,295 WITH ME DOING THE INSTALATION. THE MOTOR STILL WORKED ON THE OLD ONE BUT THE COMPUTER WAS ALL MESSED UP.
PA THE OLD MAN :smt006 salute2
Holy Crap! For 1295 bucks that thing needs to warm up the car in the morning for you too. :D I put one in my garage a few years ago, Home Depot Genie, for 200 bucks. Me doing the labor.
A good plan violently executed now is better than a perfect plan executed next week. -George S. Patton
Scoop Sea
Site Sponsor

Post by Scoop Sea »

Great Day PA, that seems like a lot of cash for a garage door opener. Home Depot has them listed for less than $300. By no means am I a garage door opener expert, but I am hoping my Grandmother can get hers done for a lot less that $1200.

Thanks everyone for the suggestions on who to call.

Tin Can, check your inbox, I sent you a PM yesterday. I suspect you were probably busy with Valentine's Day........
"Be Careful Not To Confuse Motion With Progress."
Sir reel
Site Sponsor

Post by Sir reel »

The fact that PA's was an 18 footer might account for some extra "omph" required which could translate to more cost. If he went with a particular brand that he preferred that could also bring up the price. I'll bet it works... :D :thumbup:

As far as a recommendation... I used a gentleman last year who lives in Monticello. He did a great job. Took the old one down and disposed of it. (20 yr old Genie no longer supported) and replaced it with a chain drive unit from Home Depot. Was in and out with a finished job in a couple of hours. Very reasonable job. I don't recall his name but the Company and Listing in the phone book is under FIXDOOR INC. 342-1328
"Good Judgement" comes from experience, ... and a lot of that..... results from "Bad Judgement".
rocket
Site Sponsor

Post by rocket »

I thought I sent this once...don't know what happened to it. Tony at Fix Door Inc does great work, and great prices 508-7851
Stay Thirsty My Friends
FUTCHCAIRO

Post by FUTCHCAIRO »

YEA MY DOUBLE GARAGE DOOR IS 18 FT. WIDE AND 12FT. HIGH, REQUIRES A 3 HP MOTOR TO DO THE JOB RIGHT. I ALSO REPLACED 3 OF THE PANELS AND SOME ROLLERS IN ADDITION TO THE STUFF I LISTED ON THE FIRST POST. HAD TO HAVE IT THAT HIGH TO GET THE BOAT INSIDE WITH BABE'S CAR. WE ALSO HAVE A 1 BEDROOM, LIVING RM.,BATH, AND KITCHEN DOWN THERE WITH THE BOAT AND CAR.
PA THE OLD MAN :smt006 :smt006
FUTCHCAIRO