Kenner Boats

All things having to do with boats, trailers, engines, electronics and accessories.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

Ron Wilson
Site Sponsor

Kenner Boats

Post by Ron Wilson »

Hey Folks. Got a buddy who has been on a methodical search for a boat. He's narrowed it down to a 22" foot Xpress with a 115 4- stroke Yamaha and an 18' Kenner with a 90 Optimax. Got good input from folks on BBF on the Xpress. Was wondering if anyone has any info on the 1800 Kenner (ride, storage, good/bad points, etc..)? Thanks in advance.
"Plan for the worst."
Jumptrout51
Site Sponsor

Re: Kenner Boats

Post by Jumptrout51 »

Depends on the type fishing he does.
I know both boats,motors well.
WHOSE FISH IS IT?
Reel Cowboy
Site Sponsor

Post by Reel Cowboy »

The 115 is probably a little on the small size for a 22' boat.
But never rode in either.

The Opti will be strong like bull and bullet proof. The Yammy will too.
In the words of the great Doc Holliday, "I'll be your huckleberry"
Ron Wilson
Site Sponsor

Post by Ron Wilson »

Good point JT. Inshore...trout/reds. Wants to be able to get close and shallow, but will probably spend most of his time in 3'-6'. His dilemna is whether to trade the ride of the fiberglass to offset the cost of fiberglass repair from the rocks.

Thanks RC. Got two Opti's and have been satisfied so far. First Merc's I've owned.
"Plan for the worst."
Jumptrout51
Site Sponsor

Post by Jumptrout51 »

3-6 the Kenner.
In close the Express.
All around ride...Kenner.
WHOSE FISH IS IT?
turtlecat
Site Sponsor

Post by turtlecat »

Ron, the 22 xpress is probably a HD model. The 115 Yammy 4stroke on it will push it as fast as your friend will want to go in a boat that is almost virtually a flatbottom boat. The xpress is all welded alluminum. The kenner w the 90 will run just as fast if not faster but is probably a fiberglass boat with a much more defined v hull which will cut through the water on windy days better. Obviously the express has a lot more room for the family, the kenner will be the better riding boat. Both boats are awsome for what they are designed for. If he plans on fishing lakes and flats then the xpress is the boat, on the other hand if he wants a boat that will take him offshore and not get him near as wet as the xpress will then the kenner is his boat. I would own both of these kick ass boats if obama would hurry up and pay my house off like he promised!
TurtleCat
jadams92002
Site Sponsor

Post by jadams92002 »

:stupid_1
Jumptrout51
Site Sponsor

Post by Jumptrout51 »

Which stupid? :lol:
WHOSE FISH IS IT?
Hit-n-Miss

Post by Hit-n-Miss »

:-D I have a 19 Kenner Vision and love it. I think Breambuster has the 18 Kenner he could tell you all about it. PM him. :-D
Ron Wilson
Site Sponsor

Post by Ron Wilson »

Thanks folks. Just what he needed for info. :thumbup:
"Plan for the worst."
Breambuster

Post by Breambuster »

turtlecat wrote:Ron, the 22 xpress is probably a HD model. The 115 Yammy 4stroke on it will push it as fast as your friend will want to go in a boat that is almost virtually a flatbottom boat. The xpress is all welded alluminum. The kenner w the 90 will run just as fast if not faster but is probably a fiberglass boat with a much more defined v hull which will cut through the water on windy days better. Obviously the express has a lot more room for the family, the kenner will be the better riding boat. Both boats are awsome for what they are designed for. If he plans on fishing lakes and flats then the xpress is the boat, on the other hand if he wants a boat that will take him offshore and not get him near as wet as the xpress will then the kenner is his boat. I would own both of these kick ass boats if obama would hurry up and pay my house off like he promised!
:stupid_1 What he said is spot on. Dave (ddb) and I both have the same boat and motor (18v which is 18' 6'' with a 90h Merc). Its a medium to low end boat, price wise, so does not have the best fit and finish but rides very well. The reason we pick the kenner is because we routinely fish 10 or more miles from where we put in so we want a boat that rides well in heavy chops. We've been out in some nasty inshore chops or in 2-3 out at the Steinhatchee reef (not by choice), the kind that you probably would not want to be out on a flat bottom boat. For example, Dave went out last week in 15-20 knots wind and caught some fish. I wont imagine he would go out if he were to have a flat bottom boat.
Flint River Pirate
Site Sponsor

Post by Flint River Pirate »

Ron, is that Xpress in Sylvester? I have a buddy with a 22 foot and a 115 yamaha for sale. Its very nice!
Team Jolly Mon
Ron Wilson
Site Sponsor

Post by Ron Wilson »

Thanks BreamBuster. Good info.

FRP. I don't believe the one he is looking at is in Sylvester. If you PM me his number I'll pass it to him. He might be interested in speaking with him. :email:

Thanks for the good info everyone. :thumbup:
"Plan for the worst."
Flint River Pirate
Site Sponsor

Post by Flint River Pirate »

PM back at you Ron
Team Jolly Mon
RHTFISH
Site Sponsor

Post by RHTFISH »

In the Kenner folks will mistake you for SEA DAWG! :smt011
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.