Ecofina 4/17/10 report

Use this area to post inshore fishing reports from the area. Please try to include relevant information such as:
Location, date, time, water conditions, weather conditions, baits, techniques, species caught, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

Hit-n-Miss

Ecofina 4/17/10 report

Post by Hit-n-Miss »

:-D Got a last minute trip together for sat. Three friends and I got out the river mouth just as the sun was rising and headed down towards Rock island(along with 20 other boats) Got a little topwater action in 3' and put 2 in the box quick. Afetr that we moved out deeper. The bite was not great but fairly steady all day till we headed in at 2:30. No color was a stand out today but most had white or pinfish color. Water temp was from 65-68 degrees and stained. We caught fish from 3-7' of water but most in 5-6'. Wound up with 19 trout from 15-18", 2 bsb, and 1 flounder. Tried real hard for that last trout but it would not come. :smt012 Maybe one day everyone on my boat will limit out. O well something to shoot for. Tried to hail Breambuster but he must have been to far away from us. Great day on the water. Hope all those other boats did well. I know one boat did not. There were 3 people in the boat and they were all laying down(tired of not catching trout I guess). :smt005 Image
Tidedancer
Site Sponsor

Re: Ecofina 4/17/10 report

Post by Tidedancer »

Well that is good news. Sounds like a banner day. Thanks for sharing.
Chalk

Post by Chalk »

:thumbup: :thumbup:
Rogan
Site Sponsor

Post by Rogan »

Nice Trip. :smt023 :smt023 :smt023
"No, I dont remember where I last had it, if I knew I'd go get it" ...
gatormullet2

Post by gatormullet2 »

ya ya well missed another good day glad u guys did so good . Got my new gps in and on the boat getting it loaded hope to be down real soon. :smt005 :smt010 :smt009 :thumbup: :thumbup: :-D salute2
Breambuster

Post by Breambuster »

I was out at the reef, so probably too far for my little 4' antenna to hear you. Should have went to the reef with me. We did well on the sheephead. But that's a nice mess of fish though. :thumbup: I rather clean that many trout than sheephead.
Flint River Pirate
Site Sponsor

Post by Flint River Pirate »

Good day bro! Thanks for the report.
Team Jolly Mon
Hit-n-Miss

Post by Hit-n-Miss »

Breambuster wrote:I was out at the reef, so probably too far for my little 4' antenna to hear you. Should have went to the reef with me. We did well on the sheephead. But that's a nice mess of fish though. :thumbup: I rather clean that many trout than sheephead.
We used to gig them in St Augustine and they are a pain to clean, but dang good eating. :thumbup: Try a couple stuffed with a crab meat stuffing, Yummmm.
BAD BEHAVIOR
Site Sponsor

Post by BAD BEHAVIOR »

Just asking. Can you really eat that many trout????
A wise person pays attention to correction that will improve his life...... Proverbs 15:31 ICB <")))))>*<

TEAM BAD BEHAVIOR
Hit-n-Miss

Post by Hit-n-Miss »

BAD BEHAVIOR wrote:Just asking. Can you really eat that many trout????
:-D Dang skippy I can. I freeze them in water and they will keep all year. :-D Had some last night with scallops from last summer. And they were yummy. :thumbup: