Keaton Ramp is finished but "improved " ?

All things having to do with boats, trailers, engines, electronics and accessories.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

JimR
Site Sponsor

Keaton Ramp is finished but "improved " ?

Post by JimR »

Was down at Keaton Saturday ( not fishing though :( ) Looks like the ramp is finished. They put a floating " dock " thing right out in the middle of it. I assume its supposed to make launching easier but my guess is it will actually slow it down considerably. I know the ramp has always been designed for two trailers at once but you could go three deep when it got real crowded ( scallop season ). Now with the divider in the middle that won't be possible and I am sure that a lot of idiots will sit right there tied up to that thing while their crew gets all the stuff outta the car into the boat :evil:
CSMarine
Site Sponsor

Post by CSMarine »

Noticed that "floater" last time I was down there Jim. Your right, I think it will slow things down. There was plenty of room for three boats to launch before. Now with the center floating dock, we'll be lucky to get two at a time launched. :evil: Just wait til they get the row of dock for the condaminums put in on the right just below the ramp. It will sure get crowded in that little canal then. :thumbdown:
Semper Fi
JimR
Site Sponsor

Post by JimR »

My thoughts exactly CS... the canal is too narrow at times now. Maybe Keaton is growing too fast for its own good. Oh well, were stuck with it now, just have to learn to be more patient. :roll:
dstockwell

Post by dstockwell »

Well at least its back open. But a floating dock in the middle sure leaves little room. Before it was easy to get 3 wide.. :o Guess i gots to check it out, if the weather would get better.
JimR
Site Sponsor

Post by JimR »

As far as I could tell, the only "improvement " is that they paved a little more of the parking lot, still no more room though. I think we will just have to learn to time it ....as in get there early, come back out early or stay out until the crowd dies down. It would be nice if they could find another good spot to biuld another ramp somewhere close by. There is a ramp at Hagans cove I didn't know about but a jon boat or airboat is about all you could launch there.